PDA

View Full Version : Zig Zag

Paul Marcellini
05-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Woke up after a nap today and noticed some real nice clouds. Rushed out and found this area in the glades. They actually cooperated and i like how they worked into the comp.

There was a lot of reflected light so I left the foreground a bit bright.

20d, 10-22@10mm iso200 f9 1/2.5 and 1.2s polarizer no gnd =( scratched

One thing i do sometimes, especially when windy is refocus if I am going to have to blend. Then I can use a faster aperture for the foreground and then refocus to get full dof.

thanks for looking,
Paul

http://i27.tinypic.com/t9awlj.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
05-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Paul,
A Nap!!!??? I won't make any age jokes! The FG mounds make interesting lines as do the clouds. A little more saturation and slight boost in greeens may help make this pop a bit more........debating the black twigs going into the sky...........I'd probably get rid of them so as to have a clean horizon. Bummer on the grad ND..........I'm always doing that! I am viewing on my laptop...........so maybe when I can check on my desktop to compare colors....as the laptop is brand new.......I'll change the thought on the saturation. Nicely composed.

Robert Amoruso
06-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Roman had some good suggestions. I like the composition it just needs a little extra pop. I like the idea of a DOF bracket for windy conditions.

Grady Weed
06-06-2008, 12:32 PM
You must live in your vehicle out in the glades. Lucky dog.