PDA

View Full Version : Got fish?

Steve Wheeler
05-30-2008, 10:56 PM
My first posted image with my new (to me) 500 f4.5.:D Went down to the rookery tonight... More and more chicks every time I go now. The great egret chicks were the first to come and I 'believe' that's what this is. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) It looked as though some of the cattle egret eggs are starting to hatch now too. The little blues are sitting on their nests and the snowies still seem to be fussing at each other and building their nests. It's pretty amazing to sit and watch all the activity!

Particulars...

40D & 500 f4.5, ISO 500, f5.6 @ 1/1250, -1/3EV

Thank you for looking and your comments are always appreciated!

Steve

Axel Hildebrandt
05-31-2008, 06:11 AM
It must be great to see all that activity. I like the composition and head angle. Details and exposure look good, too. I would apply some NR on the BG and remove the yellow spot left of the head.

Dave Phillips
05-31-2008, 07:08 AM
love it, enjoyed the narrative Steve. Might tone down lower mandible a bit, but overall great l;ook

exactly where.....in Wylie?

Steve Wheeler
05-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Thank you guys for your comments.... Here's what I came up with.

Dave... The rookery is in Dallas... A couple mile from downtown as a matter of fact at Harry Hines and Inwood...UTSW Medical Cntr.

Steve

john crookes
05-31-2008, 09:13 AM
I can never find these guys so close up here as the nest are so high and isolated.

I think the eye could use a little work and if you have tried viveeza the lower mandible can be darkened in a breeze