PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's Marina Sunset

Don Railton
05-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Hi Guys,

An image taken last summer from a hill overlooking the local marina... Has hand of man elements etc, but I quite liked the sky.

1D4 & Zeiss distagon 18mm
15 sec @ F16 ISO 100
tripod.

DON

Morkel Erasmus
05-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Nice one Don. Don't mind the hand-of-man elements as I am challenging myself to include them more often these days when traveling.
I might add a very slight warming filter to the land/FG?

Diane Miller
05-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Nice, with good placement of the HOM elements, and excellent evening light. I wonder about some tweaks to the white balance to the slightly warmer side, globally, just for comparison. (But maybe I would discard them after having a look.)

Don Railton
05-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for the input. I do seem to have got the WB wrong on the FG and never noticed..:e3

DON

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Hi Don, I too like the look of this scene and do not mind the hand of man elements included...they actually add the interest to this scene and I am wondering if by chance you could have included a touch more to the foreground? Nicely done!

Don Lacy
05-06-2015, 06:20 PM
No problem with the hand of man elements last time I checked we are also part of the natural world. Would like to see just a touch more of the foreground and would play around with the color balance there just a tad.