PDA

View Full Version : Coral Cove at twilght

Don Lacy
05-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Her is another image of the rock formation from my previous post shot in that brief magical light of dawn.

This is a two image blend shot with 6D and the 17-40 f/4 lens my now usual workflow of luminosity mask and a few Nik filters plus for an added bonus I added the Orton Light effect to this image.

Don Railton
05-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Don !! you are killing me... This is wonderful..! I just love the simplicity of the composition and the impact the colours have... If I dare to suggest anything it would be to remove some of the blue in the lower LH corner so there is more of a gradual transition from blue to black(ish) in that corner where the water washed up, but I am not sure about this, its just a thought. I also think there maybe a bit of blue on the rocks just below the horizon, maybe its spray or bleed from the masking.. fantastic image anyway, not sure if I should post mine now...

DON

Morkel Erasmus
05-02-2015, 04:32 PM
This works a treat, Don. Great colours and dreamy mood and it doesn't look over-processed to me.
Composition-wise, was there not a stronger shot with the small rocks triangulating the big ones from BRC to BLC? Moving a tad to your left?

Diane Miller
05-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Wonderful composition and light! The rocks are balanced by the clouds so beautifully!

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Hi Don, this is lovely. I love the blues and the fact that you played close attention to not letting the rocks break the water line at the distant horizon. Beautiful!