PDA

View Full Version : Theme Springtime

John Robinson
04-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Yellow hammer in apple blossom.
Bit slushy but have to admit- one of those shots done puposefully for the card market.Don't bother with tat sort of thing these days,
I don't have many"songbird" shots as such,so this is a PP re -work of the one I posted some time back
D200 Sigma 50-500
640 ISO 160th @f8
Thanks for comments on last pic
JohnR

Randy Stout
04-28-2015, 06:12 PM
John:

The bird is nicely framed by the flowers, good head angle for look back shot, nice DOF.

I could see a version just a smidge brighter.

Cheers

Randy

amir alimoradian
04-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Great image John,
Good BG, lovely perch with a beautiful bird. Just I wish more head turn and more space from the top of frame and more crop from the bottom.
Thank you for shearing.
Amir

John Robinson
04-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Thanks both. Yes I have about a dozen versions due to the awkward cropping of the shot. Points well taken anyway.
Thanks for bothering.
John

Lorant Voros
04-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Very lovely image; nice bird and well framed with beautiful flowers. Some could say it would need a little head turn towards you, but I like it as it is looking away. Very well done, John.

Stu Bowie
04-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Hi John, lovely setting, and the bird is nicely framed between the blossoms. I realise there are lot of blossoms in the overall image, so its difficult to comp an image like this without cutting off any of the blossoms. :w3

John Robinson
04-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Yes Stu- exactly. I played around for ages then gave up. This is what you mean !
John

Stu Bowie
04-29-2015, 01:55 PM
Hi John, I was trying to say that I wished that some of the 'bunches' had not been cut off. Example, the the blossom middle left has not been cut and has a little space before the edge of the frame, where as all the blossoms on the RHS and bottom have been cut. Thats why I said its difficult. Its like a herd of animals in a row, where do you decide to crop ending up with half an animal. :w3

Jim Crosswell
04-29-2015, 03:38 PM
What a beautiful setting you captured in this image John! I like the look back pose and composition in the OP.