PDA

View Full Version : Skimmers in Fog

Stan Hoyt
01-07-2008, 10:01 AM
20D 300/4 + 1.4x 420mm f5.6 1/500 iso 1600

Not sure if this is the right forum, but to me the landscape and fog dominate. Ft Desoto's North Beach. Dec 29, 5:40 pm.

Robert Amoruso
01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Stan,

You must send my your email so I can send you the cropping tool. Email me at (wildscapeimages@comcast.net). I spelled it right this time.

Anyway. I posted a recrop below (grid left on) and punched up the white (levels adjustment and set the white point on one of the skimmers wings to RGB=240) and added some contrast (curves adjustment with slight s curve and then pulled a point at the mid-tone point up and left a bit).

I hope you like it. The ROT recrop balances the image by placing the grass in the lower third, skimmers in the middle third and the sky in the top third.

This is the right forum as landscapes can have wildlife in them. I feel it could be in either and is up to the poster as to the context he/she views the image in.

The placement of the skimmer son the right and leaving plenty of room in front works well. The image clearly imparts a a foggy/overcast day and makes you almost feel the humidity. Thanks.

Stan Hoyt
01-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I like your changes, Robert. I sent my email address separately. Hopefully it will get through this time. Thanks