PDA

View Full Version : Loon close-up eating fish

Charles Glatzer
05-30-2008, 01:08 PM
This image is copyrighted material as indicated, and is watermarked! Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited

MI

Head out tomorrow to host 10 days with the loons, and the chicks are due to hatch any moment now :)
I look forward to seeing a bunch of you there.

Mark III, 600mm
Manual, incident meter
Post-production- C1, CS3,

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Chas

Axel Hildebrandt
05-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Excellent exposure control, details, angle and composition. I'd love to see a loon this close and the fish puts it over the top for me. The only thing I would change is removing the beige spot at the left side in case this is something you do. Have fun and I hope you will show some of the images from the loon trip.

LouBuonomo
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Have a great trip Chas... I always look forward to your looney images.

Lou

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Awesome image Chas. Next time I want to go too.. I would dearly love to see the babies on their parents back and can not wait to see your future posts.

Kirk Benson
05-30-2008, 06:08 PM
I'll just tell you the first thing that came to me when I saw this image, Wow, this is special! Perfectly sharp detail, beautiful color, and the fish too. Very well done.

Doug Brown
05-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Love the low angle and the great exposure; you've got excellent detail across the entire dynamic range of the photo (no easy feat with the loons). Great behavior as well. Thanks for posting.

Robert O'Toole
05-30-2008, 10:26 PM
The action, angle, awesome detail and Macro lens sharpness are great Chas.

After reading Axels post the biege spot is distracting now all of a sudden I have to admit, but minor detail in an excellent image.

Robert

Steve Wheeler
05-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Amazing image indeed! If the lens was just above the water then the bottom of the camera must've been IN THE WATER. Wonderful detail!

Steve

Gus Cobos
05-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Excellent, excellent,excellent...:) The details and colors are fantastic...big congrats...:cool:

Mike Lentz
06-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Hopefully they have been hatched for your entire trip. We had a very late/wierd spring in Minnesota (close to Michigan) and the young are about two weeks behind their normal hatch time.

Raymond Barlow
06-04-2008, 03:00 AM
wonderful image!! amazing close up, and detail.