PDA

View Full Version : Sunlight Upon the Shells

Don Lacy
04-23-2015, 08:56 PM
This was shot the same morning as my scarlet sky series after the sun had come up and the light had turn golden. I was going to pack up and leave after all what more could one ask from Eos the Greek goddess of Dawn then the sky she had already given me that morning when I turned around and saw the shells on the beach aglow with the warm light of early morning. This was to good to pass up first off the beach is not always covered in shells like this and this is my favorite Coquina formation which I have yet to get an image of that I really like (this one is close). I think I have three more images from this morning that I will end up processing it was that type of morning:bg3:

6D, 16-35 at 20mm, f/16 at 3.2s, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 50, Tripod, Single exposure with numerous layers from luminosity mask to some Niks CEP4 I also used a new light paining technique to enhance the yellow on the water

Diane Miller
04-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Wonderful light and gorgeous soft waves! I love the wide-angle foreground. The upper right area of the sky creates a beautiful reflection in the water, but I'm wondering if the brightness of the sky there doesn't pull my eye a little too much.

And I hate to even mention it for such a stunning image, but the horizon is just a little crooked.

Hazel Grant
04-27-2015, 04:57 PM
In addition to Diane's positive remarks, I'd like to compliment your comosition. Choosing the textures of the delicate shells next to the grander rocks is a good contrast, and the little tunnel that lets the water through adds depth perception.

Don Lacy
04-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Wonderful light and gorgeous soft waves! I love the wide-angle foreground. The upper right area of the sky creates a beautiful reflection in the water, but I'm wondering if the brightness of the sky there doesn't pull my eye a little too much.

And I hate to even mention it for such a stunning image, but the horizon is just a little crooked. :e3 oops

Don Railton
04-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Hi Don

Beautiful light and pastel colours, and a nice shutter speed chosen. Great image. If not for the shells I would have guessed that you were at my local beach...! the limestone rocks looks identical.

Don

Morkel Erasmus
05-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Gorgeous light, colours and composition here. Really pleasing to look at.
I do agree on the horizon ;)

Andrew McLachlan
05-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Hi Don, lovely scene and perfectly composed. I too think the horizon could use a tiny adjustment.