PDA

View Full Version : tulip

Ron Conlon
04-23-2015, 08:44 AM
A more typical tulip with a different approach.
The tulip was lit with diffused flash from the front (shooting through a box with remote flash in it, with windows cut into it, essentially), and a green printed background and a sprig of day lily I pulled from the garden behind the bloom. Keeping the light source small (through the window) and close to the tulip increased the light fall off on the tulip, day lily foliage and background.
Stacked images (50) composited in Zerene with DMap algorithm, acquired with tethering software (Helicon Remote) and a laptop.
D800E 200mm f/8 1/200s ISO100

Diane Miller
04-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Gorgeous subject and lighting! I love how the tiny ripples on the petals come together on the two petals. Potential for a super-closeup there!

Jonathan Ashton
04-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Sounds like some considerable effort had gone into the creation of this image and it has been well worthwhile, I just love the detail in those petals - that's a real beauty.

Steve Maxson
04-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Love the pastel pinks, the soft light, and the detail in the petals! Excellent work!

MiroslavMaric
04-27-2015, 11:33 AM
Like the tone and details of the flower. Great soft light, well done technique! The composition works well too. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Anita Bower
04-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Beautiful! Gorgeous color. Simple and effective presentation. Nice bg for contrast with the flower. Beautiful lines and curves on the petals. What do you think of slightly ligtening the very top of the flower?

Ron Conlon
04-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try, sounds like a good idea--if I had it to do again, I think I would have tried directional light from above and slightly to a side.