PDA

View Full Version : tulip

Ron Conlon
04-21-2015, 05:09 AM
Spring is happening fast and furious with some sustained warmth, almost too fast--the flowers and leaves are all coming out at once it seems.
Another stack, with two remote flashes, one diffused to the left, and one behind a translucent plexiglas sheet.
D800E 200mm at f/16 1/200 iso100
Acquired 26 frames with tethering software Helicon Remote, composited with Zerene using DMap.

Diane Miller
04-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Just incredible! I wonder about a little more brightness and contrast in the center of the flower.

John Robinson
04-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Seems very complicated compared to my system Ron but it certainly works.! Lovely gentle shot.
Cheers
John

Ron Conlon
04-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Thanks John and Diane.
Diane you are right, I should probably try to get a bit more out of the yellows in the directions you suggest. I guess I was pretty pleased with them as I always find yellows a challenge for tonal variety, but more could be made of this safely.
John, it sounds complex in description, but it is pretty much all sitting in place on a table and the beheaded bloom brought to the stage, so it isn't much bother. I can't be bothered with it all if I shoot flowers in situ and shoot much more simply and usually with a cheaper camera with an articulated screen. I wish all cameras had them, I love it.

Steve Maxson
04-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Very nice soft light and excellent sharpness, as usual. I like this a lot as presented, though Diane's suggestion would be worth exploring as an alternate approach.

Jonathan Ashton
04-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Lovely image, I have slight reservation over the background because the flower does not appear to belong to anywhere, apart from that I think it is really first class.

Ron Conlon
04-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Thanks, I know what you mean about the lack of belonging--my wife refers to the high key flowers as greeting cards, and I think of them (even less flatteringly) as hotel room or hospital corridor art. But it was a blast making them, and all in the process of learning.

Anita Bower
04-28-2015, 04:09 PM
I like flowers presented like this, against a white bg. They are formal flower portraits. A whole series of them together would look smashing.
Beautiful image of a beautiful flower. I agree about more brightness and contrast in the center. I would also clone out the two dark spots (one more noticeable than the other) on the petal in the 11 o'clock position.
Gorgeous work.