f/5.6
1/640
ISO 2000

Thanks for looking

Will

Gabriela Plesea
04-14-2015, 04:39 PM
What a lovely surprise, William!

I am so excited to discover those images you have just posted!

Love the poem, it helps complete the story so well - a wonderful sequence and delightful in every way, superb intimate pose from the two subjects and what a courteous request for love to be returned:)

Love the playfulness you have captured here - my favourite image is perhaps the last one, there's something tender and sweet about the way in which the female seems to accept the male's advances...

Just wonderful, thank you so much William - I so enjoyed viewing!

Kind regards,

William Dickson
04-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the wonderful comments Gabriela, they are very much appreciated.

And to a couple of guys called Lennon/McCartney for the wee 'poem' :S3:

Will

Gabriela Plesea
04-15-2015, 01:11 PM
William - this might well be one of the most successful story sequences in this forum, in the sense that you have presented us with a series of consecutive frames that capture "the moment". Some of us used various frames to build a sequence of events, choosing certain images that helped make the story. Your sequence needs no words (although I do love the poem) and it tells the story on its own - congratulations!

Kind regards,

William Dickson
04-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Hi Gabriela

Thanks for your lovely comments, they are much appreciated, and they give me confidence to make myself better :S3:

I will keep the forum in mind when I go out with the camera, it was a great idea to start this forum :S3:

Will

Gabriela Plesea
04-16-2015, 03:18 AM
So glad you feel this way, William!

I am sure with time we'll have more members participating here and also more feedback:)

I so appreciate your contributions, thank you again. Will look out for your images in other forums as well:)

Have a lovely day,

Andre Pretorius
04-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Hi William

Love the poem and the images, makes me think of two teenagers on a bench in park, they even close the eyes when kissing!:tinysmile_shy_t:
"NO" means...later:t3

Gabriela Plesea
04-17-2015, 12:51 PM
...Just thought I'd mention this, William: at the time I viewed this image, and even before I even read the lyrics, I had something in mind but I could not remember the author's name straight away. I remember now: Andrew Marvell. He is the author of a poem/couplet entitled "To His Coy Mistress". 17th Century and perhaps not quite what you would expect, but the Sequence (and what it is about) triggered this memory...Here's an extract:

"Had we but world enough and time,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
We would sit down, and think which way
To walk, and pass our long love's day..."

Andrew Marvell, 1621-1678

Wishing you a wonderful evening and a sunny week-end,

William Dickson
04-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Thanks for that Andre and Gabriela :S3:

Will

Dennis Bishop
04-18-2015, 06:27 PM
In all respects, this series was beautifully shot and presented. The lighting, the background, and the size of the birds within the frame are all wonderful, but it's the story . . .

Thank you for posting this.

William Dickson
04-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Thank you very much Dennis

Will

Jackie Schuknecht
04-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Fabulous!!! Love all the poses and the "bliss" at the end. Well done.

William Dickson
04-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Thanks for that Jackie

Will