PDA

View Full Version : Hellebore

Ron Conlon
04-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Slightly less than 40 images stacked of this Lenten rose plucked in the rain.
D800E 200mm f/6.3 1/200s ISO 100 tripod, remote flash, tethered to a laptop with Helicon Remote, stacked with Zerene PMax and retouched to remove an ant from several frames.
The lighting was a little different to try to get some light fall-off on the bloom and to relieve the black background. The lightbox was in front of the bloom with windows through the lightbox to shoot through. There was a black background at a distance and some other scapes at an intermediate distance to provide some oof color.

Diane Miller
04-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Lovely,with an interesting and different light falloff here! Almost reminds me of the lighting you get with a flatbed scan!

Do you find Zerene does a better job than Helicon Focus? I've started using Helicon Remote for astrophotography, due to limitations in capture software (and my ability to figure out what there is) for a Mac laptop. So far, so good. Really need to try it for stacking...

Ron Conlon
04-13-2015, 05:04 AM
Thanks, Diane. I use Helicon Remote for tethering, but prefer to use Zerene for stacking over Helicon Focus. Zerene is better at aligning and is more adjustable.

BenBotha
04-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Stunning image. I like the 3D effect, the lighting is also tops. Well done.
Ben

Anita Bower
04-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Lovely photo of this Hellebore. I like the soft light. Great job capturing the subtle colors.

Allen Sparks
04-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi Ron,
Wonderful image. The lighting and subtlety are superb. Nice job with the stacking.

Allen