PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Snow Drops

Jackie Schuknecht
04-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Took this over the weekend, added a boost to the greens, added a paper texture, regular texture (both from Belle Fleur), and smoothed out the BG. I also used A slight touch of Fractalius >Shaggy.

Dennis Bishop
04-09-2015, 07:06 PM
I very much like the composition, the lines, and the contrast of the petals with the rest of the image. When I stand back a few feet further than I'd normally be from the monitor, the earthy colors are great, but the background doesn't work as well for me when I'm closer. I'm not sure why. When I tried a closer crop to eliminate some of the background, it greatly increased the proportion of whites and greens, and I liked that better except that most of the darker tones near the edges were lost.

Cheryl Slechta
04-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Jackie, I like the composition and the understated elegance and simplicity. I think it's a good combination of textures and filters.:S3:

Diane Miller
04-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Beautiful colors and tonalities, and a lovely composition! I could see a bit off the left but no big deal. Well done with subtle beauty!

Jackie Schuknecht
04-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Took this over the weekend, added a boost to the greens, added a paper texture, regular texture (both from Belle Fleur), and smoothed out the BG. I also used A slight touch of Fractalius >Shaggy.
I wonder if I worked on blending the bg a bit more smoothly it would have turned out better. I have found garden shots usually have busy backgrounds which I try to mitigate somewhat by shooting at f4 with the 100 mm macro.

Gabriela Plesea
04-18-2015, 12:14 PM
I adore this image Jackie, brings back memories of my childhood in Eastern Europe.

I am not familiar with some of the techniques used here, but all so effective, the flowers so fragile and so lovely...if this were mind I would frame it and hang it on my bedroom wall.

Warmest regards,