PDA

View Full Version : Meteora Last Light #2

Dvir Barkay
04-08-2015, 02:37 AM

The last one I posted was taken a couple minutes after this one when the tones cooled off a bit. Someone asked in the last image thread if I had a wider view of the scene, so here is a much wider view. Again really tough to edit because I really had to bring out the shadows and deal with a lot of casts. It was a pretty view though.

A700, Tamron 70-300, F/7.1, 70mm

Andrew McLachlan
04-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Hi Dvir, this is a very nice view and I really like the color in the sky, the layer hills in the distance and the foreground rock as well. I noticed that you did not mention the use of a grad filter...using a grad filter here would have likely reduced your time in post production to bring out the darkened shadows. Nice work!

Don Railton
04-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Hi Dvir

I like this wider scene... If it were mine I would crop this to put the building at about the bottom LH third intersection and pump up the colours in the building & the roof a little more (similar to the first post of this place) to balance out against the sky..

DON

Jerry van Dijk
04-10-2015, 03:39 PM
It's such a magical place Dvir! I still prefer your image with the wider look into the valley behind the buildings, because it emphasizes the remoteness of the monastery.

Morkel Erasmus
04-11-2015, 12:18 AM
I like this one the most from this series, Dvir.
I'd ad a lot more midtone contrast here?

subramanya_ck
04-20-2015, 11:52 PM
Nice image. Very good composition and I personally liked the colors here, they are looking very natural

Don Lacy
04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
My favorite from the series so far I really like the sky and comp. You did agood job on the shadow area but i am with Morkel and think it could use just a touch of mid tone contrast