PDA

View Full Version : Theme Sunrise Fishing

D. Robert Franz
04-07-2015, 08:13 AM
Coastal grizzly bear in Alaska's Lake Clark N.P. up before sunrise to catch the big salmon. BG mountains must be 70 miles away across Cooke Inlet and the Kenai Peninsula

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Copyright: D. Robert & Lorri Franz
Shutter speed: 1/500 sec
Aperture: 4.5
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: +1/3
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS II USM

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Beautiful light, gorgeous setting and back drop. I like the bear silhouette & catch.

Morkel Erasmus
04-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Great setting, colours and light here Dale - really jumps off my screen!

Rachel Hollander
04-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Hi Dale - This is beautiful. Love the light, the layers of the mudflats and the color. It all works for me.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
04-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Wonderful comp, lighting & layered BG here Dale :5

Gabriela Plesea
04-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Hello Dale,

Viewing this I am trying to imagine what it is like for you to sit and wait in this silent space (is it silent?) surrounded by so much colour and beautiful light. Are you experiencing a feeling of awe while there, and do you return home feeling inspired and privileged by what you saw?

I worship the Kalahari, and although it is quite the opposite of your majestic landscape, I cannot help but imagine that this space you find yourself in must give you the same sense of awe I experience when among my golden dunes:)

Of course I too love this frame, the colours appeal to me tremendously and this solitary bear with his mighty catch is a very special sighting - nature at its best. Don't know what settings I would have used here or what I would have done different, landscapes are somehow new to me and I will try to experiment more in the future... all I can say is - this is heavenly to me and hope one day I will see it with my own eyes...

Thank you so much for sharing,

D. Robert Franz
04-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Hello Dale,

Viewing this I am trying to imagine what it is like for you to sit and wait in this silent space (is it silent?) surrounded by so much colour and beautiful light. Are you experiencing a feeling of awe while there, and do you return home feeling inspired and privileged by what you saw?

I worship the Kalahari, and although it is quite the opposite of your majestic landscape, I cannot help but imagine that this space you find yourself in must give you the same sense of awe I experience when among my golden dunes:)

Of course I too love this frame, the colours appeal to me tremendously and this solitary bear with his mighty catch is a very special sighting - nature at its best. Don't know what settings I would have used here or what I would have done different, landscapes are somehow new to me and I will try to experiment more in the future... all I can say is - this is heavenly to me and hope one day I will see it with my own eyes...

Thank you so much for sharing,

Thanks for the kind words Gabriella.. Dunes of the Kalahari are indeed special and I long to return there some day!

haseeb badar
04-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi Dale , I am turning out to be a big fan of your work . one after another series of splendid images. please keep them coming

D. Robert Franz
04-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Thank you so much Haseeb... This is a great theme in April. I think animalscapes are a natural part of a wildlife photographers evolution. I think as we evolve as photographers we start to look beyond frame filling perfect portraits of wildlife for a more complete view of the animals life and home. This is where a well done (not easy to do) animalscape comes into play. I find myself always on the lookout for the good animalscape when out photographing. They don't come along as often as you might think.

haseeb badar
04-09-2015, 09:08 AM
yes i agree with u Dale , there is always so much to learn from your posts in this forum.

Andreas Liedmann
04-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Lovely overall image , very well executed Dale :5.I like the color layers a lot in this frame.

Well done , TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
04-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Hi Dale, gorgeous, love the rim light, having the salon is a bonus all round, excellent.

TFS
Steve