PDA

View Full Version : Theme Blackie Scape

Andreas Liedmann
04-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Halli Hallo
the Rhino is back to BPN , a short while ago that we have seen one here in Wildlife so thought i throw on in :bg3:.

You can see from the environment where this is taken, i think :w3

Canon EOS 1D MK III
Ef 500 IS L
Window bracket and fluid head

F 8 ; Iso 640 ; 1/1000 sec
man exp

Processed with DPP and PS Cc

Thanks for looking and leaving comment to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-04-2015, 06:49 AM
Hi Andreas, great look at the Black Rhino! I like the pose parallel to the camera and the environment is really nice, no distracting elements! The light looks a bit harsh but you did well I think.
Cheers
Sanjeev

Rachel Hollander
04-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Hi Andreas - Nice placement in frame and pose with the head up. I also like the layers of color and the rhino pops nicely from the bg. I agree with Sanjeev that the light looks a bit strong but well handled. Nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
04-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Hi Andreas,

very nice animal, always a pleasure to watch those. very well done. Love the space around the animal.
The light harsh, for the sky I might would go Pano, as it is lots of empty space above! But this is just me :bg3:

Wish you a great Easter mate :w3

Ciao Anette

Gabriela Plesea
04-06-2015, 03:31 AM
A very good morning to you Andreas,

Love this, not going to mention the harsh light again because there was nothing you could do about it...save for handling it so well and some very nice PP work:w3

I like the subtle colours in the environment for they make the rhino stand out so nicely, subject sharp and the shadows not too strong, just right for the conditions.

I would go for a more pano look if this was mine, but this is a minor thing.

Wonderful capture of a Black Rhino, it is not often that we get to photograph them in the open like you did here - so well done Andreas:cheers:

Have a super day!

Morkel Erasmus
04-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Nice simplistic composition here, with pleasing angle of light on the rhino.
I like the low POV too, can imagine exactly where this is too :t3.
Did you try it in B&W??

Steve Kaluski
04-12-2015, 06:20 AM
Hi Andreas, I really like the light here, gives a nice 'sense' to the image. The single subject sits nicely in frame, like the fact you shot wider too. :cheers:

Andre Pretorius
04-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi Andreas

Like the comp.
The pale BG is soft enough to draw the eye to the shiny Rhino.
Did you reduce contrast in BG?
Looks like the Blackie is munching on the grass?:2eyes2:
So good to see one...!