PDA

View Full Version : Color Firework

Andreas Liedmann
04-04-2015, 01:54 AM
Hi all , guess this is one of the most beautiful ducks as far as color and feather design goes ..... at least for me .
On our local city pond there are two pairs floating around of the Mandarin Ducks . Once disappeared from a Zoo in the past and became settled here in town .

Canon EOS 1Dx
Ef 500 IS L MK II + 1,4 TC
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 2000; 1/1000sec

Man exp ; Auto Iso

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
04-04-2015, 02:35 AM
Hi Andreas, simple and effective with good detail and the whites look nice too, I like the HA on this one.

Once disappeared from a Zoo in the past and became settled here in town .

I blame the keepers Andreas :bg3:.

cheers. :wave:

gail bisson
04-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Excellent exposure and feather detail here.
Great POV and the color of the water is really nice.
I am not loving the reflection and would like to see the duck moved lower in the frame.
I would consider removing one of the catchlights from the eye as well.
Nice shot!
Gail

Stu Bowie
04-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Hi Andreas, I feel you have exposed this fellow and his colours perfectly, and I like the swimming angle too. Interesting colour to the water, probably reflecting from surrounding foliage. I would remove the second catchlight if this were mine.

Seems like Gail and myself were posting at the same time. :w3

Karl Egressy
04-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Nice pose and amazing colors. Everything looks good.

Rachel Hollander
04-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Hi Andreas - Beautiful duck and beautiful colors with great detail. I agree with Gail about moving the duck lower in the frame if possible. Nice one overall.

TFS,
Rachel

arash_hazeghi
04-04-2015, 04:59 PM
love the low angle, pose, details, light. sharp with good details. I also agree with moving the duck lower in the frame, the reflection is not very clear and as such it is more distracting than pleasing in this case

TFS

David Salem
04-04-2015, 06:50 PM
I just posted one recently of a beautiful Drake Mandarin like this. They are unbelievably gorgeous and there are no better colors on a duck IMO. The exposure and details look perfect and you've got some good suggestions about the eye and the comp. Well done Andreas

Girish Prahalad
04-07-2015, 06:29 AM
superb colors, exp & details. comp wise would have preferred some space at the top