100 ISO
70% of frame.
9 Stacks in CZM
Levels PSP
Cheers
JohnR

Diane Miller
04-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Another gorgeous stack! The color is lovely and I like the way the flower is supported by the OOF stuff below it. The subtle color and detail in the BG lets the flower really stand out.

Anita Bower
04-06-2015, 04:59 AM
Stunning colors. I like the white fuzz on the edges of the petals, and how it fades away. The softly textured bg is lovely and sets off the flower beautifully. Nice position of the flower.
I think the vegetation in the lower left corner detracts from the beauty of the blossom, and I'd eliminate it. Also, there is a spot about 1/3 of the way down along right border. I think these changes will make this an even more beautiful image. I've done a quick and dirty clone to give you an idea of what I have in mind.

Norm Dulak
04-06-2015, 06:25 AM
Stunning flower, John, beautifully captured by you. The composition, background, color and sharpness are all excellent. But I agree with Anita's comments regarding the for me distracting vegetation, and I like her repost.

John Robinson
04-06-2015, 06:53 AM
Thanks both. I agree repost much better
John

Jonathan Ashton
04-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Lovely image and I like the repost also. What was the colour space of the original posted image the original image was it SRGB or something else - the colours look rather different to Anita's (or maybe Anita just brightened it a little?)

John Robinson
04-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Jon
Everything I do is sRGB.
John

Diane Miller
04-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Anita's RP is tagged with Adobe RGB. Anything posted on the web should be converted to sRGB. A different color space can change the appearance for some viewers, depending on their monitor color gamut and browser. But I'm set up so it should display correctly and the RP does look a little warmer, so something got changed, whether intentional or not.

I liked the "stuff" in the LL but I like it more with it removed -- good work, Anita!

Anita Bower
04-06-2015, 03:42 PM
I didn't intentionally change the color space when I cloned the image. Not sure what happened.

Diane Miller
04-06-2015, 03:51 PM
It may be that PS Elements converted it to its working space (I'm assuming that would be Adobe RGB) without telling you. I don't know PSE but in PS you can go to the Color Settings menu and choose to have it warn you if you have a profile mismatch -- that is, a different color space in an image than your working space. It can be important to know.

I think I talk about this in a couple of the tutorials in ER: When the Histogram is Wrong, and maybe one of the others -- no time to have a look right now.

Anita Bower
04-06-2015, 04:44 PM
It may be that PS Elements converted it to its working space (I'm assuming that would be Adobe RGB) without telling you. I don't know PSE but in PS you can go to the Color Settings menu and choose to have it warn you if you have a profile mismatch -- that is, a different color space in an image than your working space. It can be important to know.

I think I talk about this in a couple of the tutorials in ER: When the Histogram is Wrong, and maybe one of the others -- no time to have a look right now.
I manually change the images I'm going to post from sRGB to RGB. If Elements changed it automatically, it would be the first time I've known that happened. A mystery.

Diane Miller
04-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Do you mean from sRGB to Adobe RGB? There isn't just a plain RGB color space. RGB is a color model, with several gamuts (color spaces). Other models are things like CMYK, LAB and Grayscale. Color spaces within the RGB model are sRGB, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB, and a few others that are seldom used today.

Anything posted on the web should always be sRGB, not Adobe RGB. And if you need to change the color space, use Convert, not Assign. The latter will change the colors in a way you don't want.

Here's the best I can do to explain it:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/122407-How-to-Prepare-Images-for-the-Web

MiroslavMaric
04-07-2015, 04:32 AM
Like DOF, colors and light and like original version more, BG looks more natural. TFS.

Cheers,
Miro

Anita Bower
04-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Do you mean from sRGB to Adobe RGB? There isn't just a plain RGB color space. RGB is a color model, with several gamuts (color spaces). Other models are things like CMYK, LAB and Grayscale. Color spaces within the RGB model are sRGB, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB, and a few others that are seldom used today.

Anything posted on the web should always be sRGB, not Adobe RGB. And if you need to change the color space, use Convert, not Assign. The latter will change the colors in a way you don't want.

Here's the best I can do to explain it:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/122407-How-to-Prepare-Images-for-the-Web

Yes, I meant from RGB to sRGB for posting.