PDA

View Full Version : Gatorland White Ibis

Robert Amoruso
05-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Taken 4-25-08 at Gatorland, I will work to isolate birds as much as possible from the BG at places like Gatorland. Here I was able to get a nice looking perch and OOF BG.

Canon 1D Mark III
600mm + 1.4x TC (840mm)
1/3200 sec, f/8
Mode: Manual
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 800

Gus Cobos
05-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Nicely done Robert,
I like the composition and the perch is fantastic...The rich green hue of your background makes your bird stand out...congrats...:cool:

Harold Davis
05-29-2008, 08:11 PM
i like how you didnt crop the greenery hanging down. works real well here. and the bird looks fantastic!! cool habitat shot.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Very lovely composition Robert. Love the mating colors of the feet and beak and the good eye contact. Strikingly clean BG too. The only thing that I find a tad distracting is the long vacant branch as my eye seems to go to it instinctively. Otherwise a beautiful capture.

Dave Phillips
05-29-2008, 08:13 PM
excellent IMO Robert....the color harmony and compo seem superb

might only cut the highlights on the legs and soften the halo between the mandibles,
but that's if I was nitpicking.....love this image

David Hemmings
05-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Very nice image Robert, the greenery beneath the stick really adds to the shot with rich colors and nice details. I probably shouldn't say it but man it would be so sweet without the bare stick:)

D. Robert Franz
05-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Lovely composition Robet. Good seperation from the very nice BG. The reds really pop with the green BG....

Steve Wheeler
05-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Outstanding image Robert for all the reasons stated above... Contrast between bird and BG and I also love the shape of the folage underneath. Guess I'm with Judy on the bare branch though...

These are such unusual birds (to me anyway). I've seen them at the rookery here for the first time a couple months ago, but haven't come close to getting this nice of an image.

Steve

Sid Garige
05-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Bare branch is kind of iffy for me too Robert.

Robert O'Toole
05-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Nice Robert like the BG and looks way sharp, sorry for the repost but I couldnt resist the criminal activity :D

Hope you like it.

Darkened the back and desat the reds very slightly.

This is the first time I have ever thought that I had to repost on of your images Robert!

BTW the vertical lines in the BG were already there.

Robert

Bonnie Block
05-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Awesome image, Robert! Beautiful bg and perch. I do like the shortened version of the perch that Robert posted.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I like the perch, pose and details. The desaturated version makes it even better. I might run some NR on the BG.

Alfred Forns
05-29-2008, 10:20 PM
An elegant Ibis !!!! One of the best perched I've seen Robert !!!!

Maxis Gamez
05-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey Robert!

Lovely man... I'm with O'toole on this one. I would also get rid of that NOISE!! :)

Robert Amoruso
05-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Nice Robert like the BG and looks way sharp, sorry for the repost but I couldnt resist the criminal activity :D

Hope you like it.

Darkened the back and desat the reds very slightly.

This is the first time I have ever thought that I had to repost on of your images Robert!

BTW the vertical lines in the BG were already there.

Robert

I left it like that on purpose. Daring one of you guys to shorten it up. :D;)

After I posted it I immediately saw the reds were too saturated. In the TIFF not like that at all.

Christina Evans
05-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I like the stick shorter and the repost is great -- but I probably would have tried to use the far right side of the stick in the original and moved it in (scaled if necessary) to try to make the end look a bit more natural.

Lovely image, Robert.

Robert O'Toole
05-30-2008, 06:49 PM
I like the stick shorter and the repost is great -- but I probably would have tried to use the far right side of the stick in the original and moved it in (scaled if necessary) to try to make the end look a bit more natural.

That is the origional end! But I now see what you mean that it looks a little different. I think it is a case of sloppy masking.

Okay I will update the image.

I cant believe no one noticed that I added detail and texture to the ibis' back.

Robert