PDA

View Full Version : False Kiva #3

Don Lacy
04-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Here is another image from False Kiva in Canyonlands NP. This was the last series of images I shot about an half hour before sunset before I decided to hike out. You can see the clouds in the sky that would later turn into a kaleidoscope of colors from the reflected light of the sunset I wish I could have stayed for that but one wrong step in the dark ang I would had fallen a long way and come to an abrupt stop. If you look to the left you can see a little chain off area meant to keep people from leaning against the wall I decided to leave it instead of cloning it out let me know if you think its to much of a distraction.

Canon 6D, 16-35 f/4IS, two image blend, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered.

Diane Miller
04-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Very nice, with interesting color separation between FG and BG. Sounds like a good move to leave with some light left.

I wouldn't have noticed the chains as attention is well-focused on the kiva (or non-kiva, or whatever it is).

Marc Mol
04-06-2015, 06:17 AM
Nicely done here Don, the red tones/textures in the FG contrast nicely with that wonderful sky, the chain link fence doesn't bother me and it ceratinly doesn't initially catch the eye.

TFS

Don Railton
04-07-2015, 04:30 AM
Beautiful Don...love those rich reds & blues... I thought there was a soft edge to the masking along the FG ridgeline RHS, so I took the liberty of playing in PS to see what I could do, hope you don't mind.. Basically just burnt the edge back a bit, quick and dirty... the chain is very unobtrusive to me also..

DON

Morkel Erasmus
04-07-2015, 05:49 PM
There's an awesome depth to this image, really love what you've done with the composition!
I too noticed the halo, easier to avoid by reprocessing IMHO.
Nice earthy red tones contrasting with the blue sky too...

Andrew McLachlan
04-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Hi Don, I love this comp and the great colors of the rock. Good plan to hike out before sunset...I have heard that we are allowed to fall a long way and come to an abrupt stop once in our life :S3:

Gerald_Gilligan
04-11-2015, 12:35 AM
Nicely done... This is on my bucket list...

dankearl
04-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Outstanding Don, a real depth to this, perfect PP for me....