PDA

View Full Version : Reed Bunting on Bulrush

William Dickson
04-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/7.1
1/2500
ISO 640

Yesterday morning before sunrise I made my way to a reed bed at a loch where I knew these little birds visited. Set up my portable hide knowing that the sun would rise behind me and onto the reeds. About one hour after sunrise the bird arrived and hopped about on a few of the many bulrushes. He stayed for about 30 secs, flew off, and never returned. I went home happy :S3:

Thanks for looking

Will

Gerald Kelberg
04-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Hi Will,

Well done - great shot! You got the light just where you wanted it and the little guy posed for you perfectly. Nice detail on the bird and the bullrush, and a nice background. Tells it's story perfectly.

Best regards,

Gerald

Karl Egressy
04-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Nice shot, William. I like the way the Bulrush exposed well and shows nice details.

John Robinson
04-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Prefer this to your other Will. The never seem to get that full black head around here !!
Cheers
John

Jonathan Ashton
04-03-2015, 04:37 AM
A fine shot Will, love the setting. If it were mine I would investigate a little extra sharpening to the bird.

Robert vanMierop
04-03-2015, 04:51 AM
This is a nice perch, and the bird provided just the right pose for you. Preparation pays off again.

Steve Kaluski
04-03-2015, 05:29 AM
Hi William, if position allowed, then moving a fraction more to your left may have allowed more of the green as a BKG and to give better separation. I do agree a bit more sharpening would help, selectively using layers & masks, but also William, there is more detail you can bring out of the perch, just pegging back the Temp i.e. -5 I think would also 'soften' the overall colour, not much, but still retaining the early morning glow, but that's perhaps a more personal POV.

TFS
Steve

gail bisson
04-03-2015, 07:12 AM
This is lovely. I like your comp.
I agree the bird needs a tad more sharpening.
I really like the way the foot is visible on the bull rush.
You might consider cloning out the OOF bull rush on the lhs and in RUC to give the viewer more of the great BG.
Still a very nice image as is,
gail

Stu Bowie
04-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Hi William, isnt it great when a plan comes together ( thats what the A Team used to say ) Super comp, and the Bunting has given you a lovely pose. The colours of the BG compliment the Bunting nicely. I agree with a touch more sharpening, and moving slightly to your left would have rid you of the OOF bulrush running along the LHS of the frame.

William Dickson
04-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all the comments they are really appreciated and I will now know what to do next time:S3:

Thanks again

Will

Marina Scarr
05-06-2015, 06:18 PM
This is really quite a lovely image!!!