PDA

View Full Version : Yummy ?!

Andreas Liedmann
04-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Hi all , back after a short........ unwanted break .
Starting again with this frame of a younger Elephant seal bull telling me go to .......... my way :bg3:.
I like the poser and the penguin back drop as a contrast , i think enough OOF to be not distracting from the main subject . Image taken on South Georgia island

Canon EOS 1D MK III
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F 8 ;Iso 400 ; 1/640 sec ; man exp.

Processed with DPP and PS CC ; cropped for comp

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Andre Pretorius
04-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi Andreas

He is ready for a tonsil examination, but that goo in the tongue, yak..!:bugeyed:

Like the comp and the pose.
The penguins in the BG makes this interesting, but I would soften the BG a bit.
The LLHC of the image, on the edge of the seal, is it a masking issue, not the same as RHS..?
Seal sharp , love the older battle wounds on him.
They have small canines for such bulk..

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Hi Andreas,
I like the framing here with the OOF penguins giving an idea of the scene and the environs. Great detail and sharpness. Colours look good too.

Morkel Erasmus
04-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Luckily I had dinner a few hours ago :eek3::bg3:
Love the penguins in the BG, and the colours/details look good here.

Rachel Hollander
04-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Hi Andreas - I wish I could say the same as Morkel. I haven't had my dinner yet but don't think I want what he's having, yuk! Nice detail and sharpness. I really like the penguin bg.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
04-02-2015, 06:07 AM
Hi Andreas , the IQ is superb , a real misleading title ;) ! as far as the BG is concerned i found the yellow's of the penguin a bit distracting.

D. Robert Franz
04-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Love the POW here. Penguins in BG add context but the images bokeh seems a bit harsh. Well done however!

Gabriela Plesea
04-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Andreas - misleading title indeed, and that is the opposite of yummy... I am saying this while waiting for my supper:2eyes2:

Great detail as usual, and an interesting BG with all the penguins, love the colours. The comp works for me and I would like to say the same about the pose - maybe a nice glass of red might help me become more tolerant of the regurgitated matter:bg3:

Just kidding Andreas, you know I work in a medical environment and there is nothing that can put me off, especially when it comes to wildlife. I do like the pose because it reveals those battle scars and the drying blood makes it even more dramatic. Great POV, well processed, sharp where it matters - great work:cheers:

...glad to see you back and posting!

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
04-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys for you kind comments , much appreciated .

Haseeb - the colors of the penguins are realistic with the yellows so i would not like to desaturate them :bg3:.
Andre - the area you are looking at is as shot it is sand kicked up when this guy moved .
Dale - the bokeh is as shot , i guess it comes from the cold waves down there , comparable to heat waves in africa .

Cheers Andreas