PDA

View Full Version : Sycamore bud

Jonathan Ashton
04-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Tripod twin flash ISO 100 1/125 sec f11
All C&C welcome

Diane Miller
04-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Beautiful and different,with great detail and colors. That top bud looks like a great subject for some really close-up work.

John Robinson
04-02-2015, 07:10 PM
ice one Jon
Agree with Diane.
Also I would take some off the bottom
Cheers
John

Steve Maxson
04-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Very nice light and the detailed, soon-to-emerge leaf in the top bud really makes the image! Good overall sharpness and a pleasing background, too. The slight diagonal of the comp is a plus. Very well done!

Jonathan Ashton
04-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Thanks glad you liked it. I used my polystyrene light box with two flash guns as light. I put the Stofen diffusers on the guns and I am thinking this was perhaps a mistake, I suspect without them the light would go directly to the roof and walls of the box without any being directed directly to the subject whereas with the diffusers I think some light would be going directly to the subject.

Anita Bower
04-06-2015, 05:07 AM
Love it! Great detail, which makes me look more closely. Beautiful light and bg. I love the peak inside the opening leaf bud. The bg color is a perfect complement to the subject. My sense is that some crop from the bottom would increase the focus on the opening leaf, but, I see the challenge is where to crop it. Great work.