PDA

View Full Version : Contemplation

Gus Cobos
05-29-2008, 06:17 PM
This pensive fellow is a resident of Green Cay Wetlands. He was perched on his favorite stump one Sunday morning just thinking and thinking his morning away...:)
He was painted with a Nikon D70s, using a Nikkor 300mm f/4D.

focal length @ 420mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / matrix metering / 1/400sec. - f/5.6 /
ISO @ 320 / exposure comp @ +1.3EV / white balance @ auto / AF Mode @ AF-C / color mode @ sRGB /
tone comp @ 0 degrees / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / no speedlight /
no tripod / / / harsh sun light on bill area and on the feet ///:eek:

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Harold Davis
05-29-2008, 07:56 PM
looking good, gus!! i would crop the left side just a tick and maybe the top too. there seems to be a greenish cast to the image that could probably be fixed with a color balance. and yeah i see where you wrote at the bottom that the light was a little harsh. good critique there. hope all is well down south!!! see ya soon.

Alfred Forns
05-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Gus you can try a double conversion for making the highlights better. Difficult to make the image work with the harsh light.

Besides the harsh light would like to know what the raw image looked like? I can't imagine a plus compensation for this image. You did manage a great pose and bg !!

Bonnie Block
05-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Gus--what a great pose. Beautiful bird.
I did a very quick auto color http://www.pbase.com/herderdog/image/97844073/original.jpgadjustment in PS, which got rid of some of the green cast, but I agree with Al that it would be helpful to have the RAW image.

Nonda Surratt
05-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Nice pose Gus! Some tough light too.

Like Bonnie's repost

Oscar Zangroniz
05-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Great capture Gus. Love the background on this one.