PDA

View Full Version : Main Plaza in Uxmal Pano

Dvir Barkay
03-28-2015, 11:49 PM

You are not allowed a tripod into any of the ruins so I had to use the in camera Jpeg pano for this one. Had I been able to use a tripod and pano head, I would have probably taken everything in vertical to include more of the nice sky, but with the in camera I am rather limited to horizontal shooting at specific focal lengths. If it is a bit tight at the bottom I can always add a bit of grass with an extended canvas in photoshop. As a note, the large building on the right hand side is the back of the pyramid of the magician which I have some photos of but in less desirable light so not sure if I will post, maybe a link to it just to help show and get a better feeling of the place if anyone wants to see.

A77, Sony 16-50/2.8, In camera pano feature, Jpeg, (edited a person out of the scene on the right hand side), Uxmal in Mexico, 2015

Andrew McLachlan
03-30-2015, 07:00 PM
Hi Dvir, I like the pano perspective here with just the right amount of sky and a good arrangement of the buildings. Nice work! When I have been in similar situations whereby I was forced to photograph a pano without a tripod, I found assuming a sturdy stance and pivoting at the hips helped to pull off a handheld series of images for creating a panoramic scene.

Don Lacy
03-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Hi Dvir, I think you did well with the placement of the elements in the frame and nice detail along the shadowed wall.

andresleon
04-02-2015, 03:38 PM
I like the composition a lot here. It is very "documentary" in the sense that it gives me a great deal of information on the architecture and general proportions of the structure. With that in mind, I think it would have been interesting to have kept the person in order to provide a size frame of reference specially for those of us who've never been there :)

Thanks for sharing!!