PDA

View Full Version : White Flower

Casey Argall
03-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Took this a little while ago. Would love some feed back. It was taken on a overcast day with rain at my nan's house. She and i often go places for photography and i decided since she loves to garden i would take some photos of her flowers.
Settings were: f8, 1/125, iso 400, no flash with the Canon 100mm 2.8 macro usm lens.

Ron Conlon
03-30-2015, 06:13 PM
The flower has nice symmetry and color in your approach to it. However the angle you have taken to the bloom it has a high degree of difficulty with respect to depth of field. The eye gets drawn to the stigma and anthers, and typically demands those to be in focus. From the side of a lily, one can often get them in focus with a pleasing blur of the petals.

Jonathan Ashton
03-31-2015, 12:10 PM
Casey this is a lovely image well done! I like the composition and the colour tones and it is well focused.
There is a slight problem relating to depth of field (DOF) I would have gone for f11 to f16 and maybe just moved a little less close in order to get the anthers and the ovary in focus.

Steve Maxson
04-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Hi Casey and welcome to the Macro Forum! You already have some very good comments and suggestions above. I like the comp, the even lighting and the detail in the whites. I would agree that DOF on the flower's reproductive parts is what keeps this nice image from being over the top. :S3: I hope to see more of your work here in Macro!