PDA

View Full Version : Another port, different cloudscape

Richard Stern
05-29-2008, 02:01 PM
After seeing John Rain's post yesterday, I decided to post this image as a sort of counterpoint, of Charleston, SC, port recently, as a few of us were deciding whether to continue with or drinks on the dock, or whether we were about to experience our first tornado (neither, although 30 seconds later the rain came down in buckets).

D300, 18-200VR, handheld,

# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/40 second = 0.025 second
# Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 63/10 = F6.3
# Exposure Program = aperture priority (3)
# ISO Speed Ratings = 320

Richard

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Love the mood youcaptured in this image Richard and then the beautiful touch of sunlight. Really a very interesting composition. I like it a lot !! Thanks for sharing.

Gus Cobos
05-29-2008, 07:18 PM
WOW...:eek: is it thundering yet...:D I like the dark skies and the thunder clouds...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
05-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Richard,
The sky is very dramatic...but I do wish for a little more defiition in them.......but I don't know if I would hang around to see it!!! The port area does not stand out as presented............and you didn't post at what mm you took the photo at.........so I was wondering if you could have zoomed a bit to focus on the cranes/booms and this would have eliminated the deck.........which is not that appealing. Maybe a crop to a pano would strenghthen the composition??? Just a thought.

Paul Marcellini
05-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I like a crop with the deck gone. Works well for me. I do know how hard it is to define the tones in a storm that usually are present to the eye. Still, love the mood.