PDA

View Full Version : Meteora Last Light

Dvir Barkay
03-27-2015, 12:41 AM

Playing around with Capture One pro as a substitute for camera raw, so far really liking it, a bit clunky, but the colors (especially for sony files) is way way better than lightroom that really sucks with how it renders the colors from sony cameras. And for Canon (which it does a similarly good job as lightroom) I use DPP most of the time anyhow. So might go ahead and add it to my arsenal, really like some of the stuff it does especially with the colors and noise/sharpening. Anyhow, edited this one with that program and it did a pretty good job considering that I had to work an hour (literally) removing the color casts also edited in photoshop obviously afterwards with my usual workflow of contrast/luminosity masks and vibrance. Anyhow, hope you like it, not an easy shot to work with but I think it is rather alright color wise, can't get it to look perfect.

A700, Tamron 70-300, F/5.6, Meteora in Greece, 2014

Morkel Erasmus
03-27-2015, 09:06 AM
For me this is your best of the series - love the soft hues, the soft light and the layered composition. Did you take any in horizontal?

Marc Mol
03-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Very nice as well Dvir, the soft layers/tones in the mountains contrasts very well that complimentary sky.

TFS

Andrew McLachlan
03-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Dvir, this scene works quite well as a vertical and i love the color of the sky. Very nicely done!

Don Lacy
03-30-2015, 10:01 PM
My favorite so far from your trip love the layered tones of the hills and the soft light of the sky.

andresleon
04-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Really digging the orange sunset. Really like the composition though I think I would have liked to have seen a little more of the right side rock formation.

I will do my very best not to copy your captures when I make it there later this year, Dvir.. Though I must admit you seem to be taking these shots from all the right places! :bg3: