PDA

View Full Version : Flavescent Bulbur

Katie Rupp
03-23-2015, 03:13 PM
From Thailand, January 2014 (I'm trying to catch up on my collection of unprocessed images). Canon 5DMIII, f4.5, 1/640, ISO 1000, 500f4 Thanks for looking and I appreciate/encourage comments and suggestions.

shane shacaluga
03-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Like the pose and composition on this one! Very elegant bird Never seen this species before.

The feathers a bit "crunchy" or oversharpened slightly and I would also tone down the yellow flowers bottom right

TFS

William Dickson
03-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Lovely image Katie I love the colours throughtout, very pleasing. The bird looks good, nice details and sharp. It fits in really well with the perch and BG. Lovely HA and pose, Its good to see the tail in that position. Its easy to say now, but upping your ISO would get better shutter speed and aperture. Overall very nice and thanks for sharing

gail bisson
03-24-2015, 03:51 AM
New bird for me.
I like your composition and POV.
IQ very good and good DOF. Nice look back pose as well.
I am undecided about the yellow flowers in RLC. I like the fact that they compliment the yellow in the bird but find that they pull my eye away.
Maybe desaturate the yellow a little bit?
gail

christopher galeski
03-24-2015, 07:11 AM
very nice image,like the pose perch and BG,good detail,TFS.

Katie Rupp
03-24-2015, 10:02 AM
New bird for me.
I like your composition and POV.
IQ very good and good DOF. Nice look back pose as well.
I am undecided about the yellow flowers in RLC. I like the fact that they compliment the yellow in the bird but find that they pull my eye away.
Maybe desaturate the yellow a little bit?
gail

Thanks for the suggestion, Gail. I like those yellow flowers for the same reason so I will go back see what I can do to keep them in the image.

arash_hazeghi
03-24-2015, 12:18 PM
I like the pose that shows the topside view, sharp details. I also like the perch, the BG is nice in that it shows the environment but it has a few distracting elements.

TFS

Robert Kimbrell
03-24-2015, 06:18 PM
A new bird for me, A really nice look back at you. I like the well weathered perch. I am ok with the background., but I may soften the yellow flowers.