View Full Version : Cerulean Warbler

Jeff Nadler
05-29-2008, 05:28 AM
http://www.jnphoto.net/cerulean-a3720.jpg

I hope this is a better perch than last one. 300 F2.8 IS x 2 = 600, ISO 800, F8

Maxis Gamez
05-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Hi Jeff,

Very nice habitat image. I don't mind the leaf in the BG but the two sticks on the left are a distraction, especially because the bird is looking in that direction. Keep trying!

Alfred Forns
05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
I like it a lot Jeff !!!! Not easy getting these little guys with a clean bg as you have here !!! Sharp and well exposed Can't ask for much more !!! As presented might take a little of the bottom. Very nice image !!!!

Jeff Nadler
05-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I like it a lot Jeff !!!! Not easy getting these little guys with a clean bg as you have here !!! Sharp and well exposed Can't ask for much more !!! As presented might take a little of the bottom. Very nice image !!!!

Thanks Al. It does not make much sense to expect to have a tree-top dwelling bird in an image 100% devoid of branches. LOL

Grace Scalzo
05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Sweet image, Jeff. I actually like the sticks, as he is so intently focused on them, I would expect that he is seeing worms. I hope to someday see a cerulean, if I ever got an image as nice as this one, I might stop right there.

Bob Malbon
05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Jim, Great habitat capture! Glad your are out there do your usual fine work. Bob

Daniel Cadieux
05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
To me its not the sticks, but the fact the warbler is looking into them putting the bill quite close to them. If his head was turned the other way it would be better, but alas we don't always choose the birds' poses :-) As is I still would have taken this image with a great big smile in a heartbeat!

Axel Hildebrandt
05-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Great find and an opportunity well handled. I was happy to see a Cerulean around here but couldn't get nearly as close. I like the exposure and details in this one. I might reduce the color noise a bit.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Wonderful image and welll composed Jeff. Really like the pose and excellent exposure. What a thrill it must have been to see this little beauty. Congratulations .

c.w. moynihan
05-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Jeff,

you are finding the great bird's, now you just need to take the next step and set up a nice perch with a cleaner bg using the area's habitat. Good detail but would prefer the side view pose.