PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Whiskers Bowland Hare

christopher galeski
03-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Taken the other morning early,bit of a frost,but nice morning,this Hare had frozen dew on its whiskers, cannon 500mm IS,L,F4,700MM,hand held,7D MK1,ISO1250,F5.6,1/800S,crop,only from sides,left a bit more room on right what do you think,sharpened for web,levels.

shane shacaluga
03-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Wow that does look cold. Amazing they survive in these harsh winters. We wouldnt stand a chance. Subject stands out nicely from BG and lots of details all over. I like the frost showing too

TFS

Mike Poole
03-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Lovely shot Chris, really nice to see something different with the froze whiskers, you've had a good year with these.

Steve Canuel
03-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Cool shot Chris. Looks like he doesn't want his bottom touching the frosty ground. The pose is nice and the frosted whiskers are unique and make the shot.

Andreas Liedmann
03-20-2015, 01:37 PM
HI Chris this is a real stunner , love the frozen whiskers , have not seen this before :cheers:. Great light , tones and detail . I believe you have seen this as red as posted , i for myself would tone down the reds a fraction , but colors are subjective and so i can greatly live with it as posted . :wave:

Very nice job , TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
03-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Hi Chris - Another nice shot of a hare. The frosted whiskers make this stand out. Nice detail and sharpness.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
03-21-2015, 12:35 AM
Hi Chris ! how do they survive ? it's amazing, i liked this a lot , lovely details and feel to the image .

Morkel Erasmus
03-21-2015, 01:23 AM
Nothing to add here, other than I like the colours and LOVE the frozen whiskers!

Steve Kaluski
03-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Hi Chris, love the atmosphere you have conveyed in the image, the frozen due on the coat is unique, not seen that before and makes it special. BTW, is this a crop, big or small?

TFS
Steve

christopher galeski
03-21-2015, 06:41 AM
Thanks for looking and comments everybody,Steve,vertical as not been cropped,only cropped from sides,hope this helps.

Marc Mol
03-22-2015, 04:22 AM
The captured frozen whiskers make for a special image here Chris, nicely seen.

TFS

Gabriela Plesea
03-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Chris,

The look on this hare's face says it all and it is the pose and expression that will stay with me for some time, such a special image - frozen whiskers and all!

I think the crop is great, cannot really comment on colours for I have never seen this species before:), sharpness is there and nice detail...

Err...I just want to pick him up and wipe the ice off those long whiskers - just lovely Chris, I think you've nailed this one, superb content, very well done, TFS!!!

Kind regards,

Mike Hitchen
03-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Gret shot, Chris.
I am thinking not so much about the hare (they are evolved for it, obviously) but I'm guessing you were lying still, out in the open for this and probably for some time. You must have been pretty cold yourself.

Carl Walker
03-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Great image Chris. This is quite something to see and it always amazes me at the extraordinary adaptions our natural environment utilises to survive in these diverse conditions. Good details and the crop along with pose makes it a super image for me.

christopher galeski
03-25-2015, 04:09 AM
Thankyou all for looking and comments.

D. Robert Franz
03-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Love the frosty whiskers here... Is the rabbit that red? Or just the lighting making seem that way!

christopher galeski
03-26-2015, 12:21 AM
thanks for looking Robert,this is not a rabbit,but a Hare,the hare is ginger on chestand also the early morning light,as enhanced the pinkish color.thanks again.