PDA

View Full Version : The Outlook

Brian Kersey
05-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Taken at Bolsa Chica last weekend. with my trusty 1D2 and 400mm. Taken at iso:400 1/3200 and iso:400. Getting close to these small birds is hard with the 400. :). Thanks in advance.

BK

Kaushik Balakumar
05-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Oh yes BK - getting closer with 400mm is tough. I like this perspective of keeping the subject small with lots of space around it in the frame too - in which case if we could have other elements in the frame to support & bring our attention to the subject, it would work. In this case, since the BG is pretty uneven & demands all attention (with subject already being small). Just wondering if u cud have gone still lower to ground while shooting (not sure if it was possible in ur shooting conditions) so as to bring more of the yellow/green in backdrop, it cud have worked better...

Maxis Gamez
05-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Hi there!

I like the composition and feeling on this one. The bird looks soft in my monitor. You did well with the reflection.

Gus Cobos
05-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi Brian,
I like it. nice composition. I like the habitat...:cool:

Daniel Cadieux
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I personally find the reflection too close to the edge. I would crop away the reflection and leave just a bit of water on the LRC of the new crop (or you could alternately add some canvas below). I also like the bird small in the frame in this case, works very well - but it looks a bit soft to me too.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I like the light and crop idea and agree that a tad more space at the bottom and more sharpening of the bird would help.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Very pleasing composition and I agree a little more canvas at the bottom would strengthen this image. Thanks for sharing Brian.