PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah proflle

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-18-2015, 01:02 PM
This was at Masai Mara. He/she was just emerging from the bushes and coming out in the open for a short time and then headed back in the shade.
In retrospect I should have used ISO 800 and increased my SS & DOF. But still I liked the head shot I got. Cropped about 30% for comp.
5D3
700mm
1/640
f/5.6
ISO 250 (was in Auto ISO at that time)

Andreas Liedmann
03-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Hi Sanjeev i like this one. Nice detail/sharpness and overall good tone and contrast , i might go a bit lighter in the real dark tones and /or lower the contrast in the 3/4tones . I am fine with the DOF . You have a busy BG but the bokeh of the lens made it look pleasing to my eyes .
I might try to reduce the oranges in DPP before you send it to PS :w3 , i find the oranges in warm images somehow distracting , i reduce the oranges on all warm images by -1/-1,5 within DPP .Just give it a try if you like .

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
03-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Hi Sanjeev, as Andreas said, good detail & sharpness with this one, bet you are pleased.

Can't really comment too much on the actual colour, will leave it for others, but I do wonder if with the tweaks Andreas has suggested it will give more standout, or by slight desaturating the BKG too, it may give more separation, just a thought? Interesting you chose Auto ISO.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
03-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Another pleasing portrait. I also am ok with the dof. I agree with Andreas on trying to open up the darkest tones (e.g. the blacks around the eye, down the tear and around the nose) and reducing the orange slightly. Minor tweaks that will enhance an already nice image.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
03-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Hello Sanjeev,

Lovely portrait of this cheetah and I like the framing/composition. I also like the colours and the BG not too distracting for me, my I suggest you try open up the blacks a bit, as mentioned above. I am sure you can do so if you can go back to the original, I did try last night to bring a tad more detail around the eye and nose but more difficult to work with a Jpg. Did not attempt any other changes and my RP deals only with those areas mentioned, anyway here it is.

PS. Love the variety in your posts and really enjoy viewing all your images:cheers:

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Gabriela, thank you very much for the RP, it does give me an idea of how to take this image up a notch. The detail in the eye area and the nostril is looking much better. I enjoy reading your comments and it encourages me to post more :S3:
Cheers:cheers:

Gabriela Plesea
03-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Likewise, Sanjeev:5

haseeb badar
03-20-2015, 06:13 AM
Hello Sanjeev, Very nice portrait here . Very clearly Gabriela's RP works here, keep posting !!

Morkel Erasmus
03-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Nice profile here Sanjeev. I agree with the points above and like what Gabriela has done...
Will you post a repost once you've improved it?