PDA

View Full Version : 1st try at the shore

Charles Senkus
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
iso 800 1/4000 sec f/5.6 700mm got to ocean city nj for the first time with my 500mm so this is my first post on shore birds comments welcome

Scott Dart
05-28-2008, 11:48 PM
I like the overall capture very much. Looks very clean for ISO 800, although given the shutter speed of 1/4000, you could probably have gotten away with lower ISO and slower shutter speed.

I don't mind the black stuff in the water to the left of the bird nearly as much as the black shadowing at the top of the frame (directly above his head). Maybe a slightly wider crop to eliminate that

Can you elaborate on what post-processing you have done? I notice a black outline around the bird, looks almost like an over-use of the 'clarity' tool in Lightroom.

Charles Senkus
05-29-2008, 12:14 AM
possibly i did this quick without my glasses on -- i should know better-- had the iso high because i was taling other shots where it was necessary then got a little excited when this guy landed close to where i was--what can i say-lol-

Maxis Gamez
05-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi Charles,

I see very little details in the whites and I think is probably because of the NR software. The dark in water is very distracting and the horizon needs a little CW rotation. With that said, I like the low angle.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Great breeding plumage and the fish adds to it. I agree regarding rotation, removal of the dark stuff and the plumage that lacks detail and there is a sharpening halo, especially around the legs. Those white birds look best when photographed in soft or low light.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Great to seeing the egrets with their mating colors and the fish is a real bonus in this image but the whites are lacking detail and I agree about removing the blacks in the Bg. Many thanks for sharing Charles.