PDA

View Full Version : Theme Look......over there!

Marc Mol
03-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Two 7 week old cheetah cubs are fixated on their two other siblings and are getting ready to spring a trap! :)
The cub on the right has dried blood on his muzzle after dining out on a baby gnu earlier, they actually drink more blood than consume a lot of meat still at this early stage of development.:w3

D4s 500 f/4VR 1/1600s f/9 ISO800 -.3EV. Almost F/F, bean bag from front pax seat, curves, levels, lights,darks/mid tone adj with TK lumo masking . ACR, PS CC '14.

Hopefully no "crunchiness" this time...................it helps when you have your sharpening in the right order.:2eyes2:

Ndutu/Serengeti, Northern Tanzania.

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Another sweet image & lovely composition Marc! Very nice light on the Cubs here and certainly the sharpness looks perfect. Awesome sighting indeed! TFS.

Nancy Bell
03-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Darling cubs set nicely into the curved tree! Good that the dappled light catches both of their faces.

Rachel Hollander
03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Hi Marc - Really cute image and the sharpness definitely looks better. I only wish the one on the left was also looking up but I bet you do too. Keep them coming.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
03-17-2015, 02:32 AM
Hi Marc - again a high cuteness factor coming into play here, but no wonder with this little guys :cheers:. You have controlled that dappled light well and that crunchiness is gone that the other image had .
Just for a technical info , have you used the clarity slider within ACR ? If so at what level ?

TFS Andreas

Marc Mol
03-17-2015, 02:45 AM
Hi Marc - again a high cuteness factor coming into play here, but no wonder with this little guys :cheers:. You have controlled that dappled light well and that crunchiness is gone that the other image had .
Just for a technical info , have you used the clarity slider within ACR ? If so at what level ?

TFS Andreas

Thanks Andreas

Clarity in ACR was set to 20, and don't usually go any more than this.

Andreas Liedmann
03-17-2015, 02:48 AM
Marc thanks for the additional info

Dumay de Boulle
03-17-2015, 04:13 AM
I like the way they are framed by the tree and the dappled light has been well handled and the cubs pop nicely from the darker BG.

Behin Nazemroaya
03-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Great shot
I like the curious look of these to little cats. Composition is also great and of course details is very good.
TFS

Behin Nazemroaya
www.prophotocom.com/galleries

Gabriela Plesea
03-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Hello Marc,

What were those two cuties investigating, I wonder ?

All's been said above, just wanted to add that I really like the pose here, difficult light well handled and the composition is great with the inclusion of the tree in the frame.

Err...I want to grab them off the screen and place them on my lap:tinysmile_shy_t:

Have a wonderful evening,

Loi Nguyen
03-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Hi Marc, difficult lighting, but you handled it well here. Super cute. Would have loved to see the eyes of the cubs a little more, but know it was not possible with the cubs looking down and the light was harsh. TFS. Loi

Marc Mol
03-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Thanks Dumay, Behin & Gabriela

Hello Marc,

What were those two cuties investigating, I wonder ?

It's in the first line of my post here: :bg3:

Two 7 week old cheetah cubs are fixated on their two other siblings and are getting ready to spring a trap! :bg3:

I really love the way the cub on the right has his rear leg propped up against the tree stump and braced by his front paw, the expression is priceless........so cute!

Cheetah cubs at times have such serious faces and resemble old men at times!:bg3:

Morkel Erasmus
03-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Yeah this looks much better for the reasons mentioned, Marc.
I must say that, although this is a cute frame in and of itself, I do prefer the poses/moment of the previous one...
;)

D. Robert Franz
03-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Tough lighting handled well.. Great subject just wish for a bit more eye contact on the left side cub.. Very nice!