PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury Plain story extended

Andreas Liedmann
03-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Hi all , will go on with my little story from the magnificent landing on Salisbury Plain on South Georgia Island.

I will move on with two images taken straight at on of the edges of the colony (there have numerous edges though) and the area is so big .
The other images show a view from a hill that i climbed up , had to crawl on all fours slipping and sliding through mud very steep uphill . Sometimes i could not even see where i was at the time , due to the high Tussock Grass , i was somehow lost in between . Up there was only a handful of photogs from the boat , so it was a very exclusive look at the scenes .
Hope you like it too, and see the spectacular view as i did when i was there .
The last image shows how different this place could be , within an hour we had a snow storm .......... and the image is taken at another corner of the Salisbury Plains.

Hope you enjoyed viewing this , more to come the next days .

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
03-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Hello Andreas,

I am so enjoying those images, secretly hoping you saved some of those frames for the upcoming "animalscapes" theme in Wildlife, but grateful at the same time for your very special contribution here...

This is truly awesome, and I so appreciate the way in which your sense of what to look for in a particular scene is enriched through your photography. And what a great way to influence where we - your viewers - would like to travel to!

Very thoughtful composition in each and every frame, you have selected the most valuable elements and painted this landscape filled with life in a way that reality is given prominence, yet capturing the event ( the gathering) as a whole - superb sequence, congratulations!

Kind regards,

Andre Pretorius
03-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Hi Andreas

I am in awe, never seen anything like this!
Well captured and processed.

PS What is the thread from the bill of the Penguin in the 1st image?

Andreas Liedmann
03-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Thanks Gabriela and Andre for your kind comments as always much appreciated .

Andre look at the chick to left of the adult ......... what could this be ? ............. well this is thrown up food for the youngster . A mix of krill, squid and fish ............ very yummy !!!

Thanks again , Andreas

Rachel Hollander
03-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Wow Andreas that is some sight. The vast number of penguins is mind blowing. Well captured and depicted.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
03-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks Rachel i agree one hundred percent on your mind blowing , can you imagine what it means in real life with all that noise and the elements fighting ............... simply stunning.

Cheers Andreas

arash_hazeghi
04-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Awesome