PDA

View Full Version : KTPīs Gigolo

Andreas Liedmann
03-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Hi all and specially Gabriela who told me i should titled the last Seal Boy as a Gigolo .
Well i think the title is fitting better to this WB bull who was behaving like a gigolo on the plains of the KTP , somewhere between Nossob and Polentswa.
He was trying to control the females and chasing the other males . I like this because of the extreme low POV that the location gave me , because of the road being lower than the plains.
As light was really brutal at that time , very late morning/midday , i was trying to get the best out the situation. I love the heat waves in the BG showing how hot it was . The typical pale washed out sky , i left it in because of trying to make this realistic as possible .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L
Window bracket and fluid head

F 7,1 ; Iso 500 ; 1/1000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC , cropped for comp from all sides .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Hi Andreas, very nice low POV, wonderful detail and nice colours. I like the eye which is nicely visible. Well composed and processed. TFS.

Nancy Bell
03-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Great low POV and a nice high tail swish! I agree with you about the heat waves and that the details & colors altogether convey that hot, plains feeling.

Rachel Hollander
03-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Hi Andreas - I don't know about gigolo, he looks a little weary from the heat. The pov does work well and I love the tail. You handled the harsh light and heat waves well. I do think it looks a little oversharpened or crunchy, particularly in the horns and head. There's also a halo along the back.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
03-17-2015, 02:19 AM
Thanks Sanjeev , Nancy and Rachel for your comments as always much appreciated .

Rachel - i do not agree in your critique , there is no halo to me visible , specially not in the area you are referring to . If taken into PS and check with the levels technique , there are signs of very slight haloing around the horns :c3:. But i had to push the slider very far to the right to see them. Regarding oversharpened /crunchy ........ to me it does look ok , well i could have gone bit lower in web sharpening . I checked again the PSD file and sized it down again with lower % of sharpening ......... but felt it was not enough on the specific image. I guess this is coming from the heat making the image very slightly soft in the first place .
But it is ok for me if you see it differently .

Thanks again , Andreas

Marc Mol
03-17-2015, 02:43 AM
Geeting the eye visible with gnu is never easy, so with your low POV you've done well here Andreas, the harsh light conditions are well handled with a nice heat haze edging on the BG.
I'm also struggling to see any halo, if there is any it's so slight that it's indiscernable.

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
03-17-2015, 03:46 AM
Thanks for your comment Marc , much appreciated .
Cheers Andreas

Dumay de Boulle
03-17-2015, 04:17 AM
Lovely clean surroundings, nice pose and you have handled the light angle and exposure really well, nice IQ too...Nice one Andreas!

Steve Kaluski
03-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Hi Andreas, perhaps a species only a Mother could love, not the most beautiful of animals :bg3:.

Like the clean BKG, set against an interesting FG. With the head down and raised front leg indicates to me, a weiry/tired 'plodding' motion in the excessive heat, the swish of the tail fending off the flies. In this one I like the 'contrast', gives a nice 'punch' to the image.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
03-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Hello Andreas,

I like this Gigolo of yours prancing about with some attitude, and by the way I just recently played around with a B/W on the same guy, only he is facing me:)

Well exposed, the conditions were really difficult but the POV so attractive one could not resist taking a few frames. Nice detail on the eye of the subject, those Wildebeest have long thick lashes that often conceal the eye from the camera.

Overall a well composed and presented image and I am glad you retained so much of the atmosphere - love the "liquid air" in the BG!

Kind regards,

Morkel Erasmus
03-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Cracking shot Andre - harsh light and all.
Love that northern Nossob POV, the pale light/sky and the pose.