PDA

View Full Version : Salsbury plain story

Andreas Liedmann
03-15-2015, 11:32 AM
Hi all i want to share a part of my trip to South Georgia from 2012, that trip was the best i ever made from the point of view when it comes to the adventure. Harsh conditions all the time , mass of animals in numbers , all very tame . Fighting the elements like snow storm, rain , fog etc.
This landing on south Georgia Island was the best for me , one of the largest King Penguin colonies on the Island , if i remember correctly up to 300.000 breeding pairs of them in peak season .

So have a look at the first sequence from the landing to the first images of the colony ............. more to come in this thread .

Hope you like it and you get an idea how it is like down there in October/November

Images taken with various lenses from wide to tele and two Camera bodies 1D MK III and IV

Editing was made quickly , more about the story so IQ could have suffered in parts :eek3:, hope you do not mind .

Have fun watching and a comment would be great

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
03-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Brilliant work, Andreas!

Love the vibrant colours as well as emotional content in some of the images...

Amazing landscapes (or rather, animalscapes). I so enjoyed watching, the last image is superb and a great ending to the story.

Looking forward to your next thread, and I must say you are quite a story teller - what a pleasant surprise, but then I knew there's a softer side to Mr. Liedmann...

Have a fabulous evening,

Rachel Hollander
03-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Hi Andreas - I very much enjoyed this series and seeing the landing as well as all of the species present. That's a huge penguin colony.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
03-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Love the series with the last one my pick, I'm surprised you haven't submitted any of these on their own before.

This area is on my list, along with Svalbard of course. :bg3:

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
03-16-2015, 02:42 PM
Thanks Gabriela , Rachel and Marc for your kind comments , much appreciated.

Marc do not know why i did not post them :bg3: waited for this forum :S3:.

Been to Svalbard and South Georgia .......... well my pick would be again South Georgia for numerous reasons , one would be the greater diversity down there and more important you can move freely without getting caught by any predator :wave:.

Thanks again , Andreas

Andre Pretorius
03-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Hi Andreas

Breathtaking beauty, so many, so close!

So COLD!!
Love it, congrats!

Andreas Liedmann
03-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks Andre for your kind reply . Much appreciated Buthi !!!!!

Cheers and lekker slaap

Marina Scarr
05-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Killer series here that tell us such a great story and gives us an idea of what to expect in this area in terms of climate, species and environment. The last frame is my favorite!