PDA

View Full Version : Seal boy

Andreas Liedmann
03-15-2015, 06:05 AM
Oh well i really found no title for this image , so i kept it very simple .
One of my thousands of Grey Seal images i have in my collection, well there is a ton of them that could be deleted :w3, but as long as i have space ........

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 200 - 400 IS L with TC engaged so 560 mm
Tripod and videohead

F 5,6 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped to pano from all sides and leveled the seal (reason for the BG being out of level ) .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
03-15-2015, 07:02 AM
Well, how about this title: "Gigolo":bg3: Your boy seems on the lookout for a companion?

Mmm... fine detail in the blacks, Andreas. Those bits of glossy fur here and there are just lovely - beautifully processed and the comp just right, nice pose from the subject, the green patch at the top adds depth and I like the overall look/presentation here - perfect:cheers:

Keep them coming, I am working on some Cape Foxes for the Story Sequence Forum:w3

Rachel Hollander
03-15-2015, 07:20 AM
Hi Andreas - A simple portrait with good control of the blacks. The pano comp works. If it were mine I would tone down the specular highlights in the bg a bit more.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
03-15-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks Gabriela and Rachel for your comments /suggestions as always much appreciated .

Rachel i was thinking if the OOF gulls would be somehow a little bit distracting and i am 50/50 for staying or going for them :bg3:. I agree for a close to be perfect clean BG they have to go , but i would let them normally stay . Only toning down did not work , so i removed them completely and some other stuff , too.
But the HL area behind the seals had stays , as i do not find it distracting , because it is not blown or recovered so to me it is fitting well to the environment .

Thanks again , Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Andreas, this is so nice! Simple yet powerful composition. Very nice details and low POV with clean BG. Lovely indeed.

Steve Kaluski
03-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Hi Andreas, very straight forward, nicely executed. The RP addresses the points I might have highlighted.

cropped to pano from all sides and leveled the seal (reason for the BG being out of level ) .

I feel you could have easily address that which may have created another option?

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
03-16-2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks Sanjeev and Steve for your comments and suggestion .:wave:

Steve what could i have addressed ? Other option ??? Sorry did not get it , please clarify !

Cheers Andreas

Dumay de Boulle
03-17-2015, 04:25 AM
Great shooting angle and IQ... Nice appealing image.

Morkel Erasmus
03-18-2015, 04:25 PM
Nice low angle, "swimsuit model pose" and pleasing detail/tones Andreas.
I immediately thought of cropping more from the top to get the BG uniform, but that would make it too tight.