PDA

View Full Version : El Castillo #2

Dvir Barkay
03-14-2015, 12:28 PM

Another view of El Castillo.

Sony A700, Sony 16-50, F/8, Polarizing filter, 2015, Chichen Itza in Mexico

Don Railton
03-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Hi Dvir... I Like his image better than the first of this place, the longer stairs provide a stronger perspective... what a pity the stone building on top of the stairs is not in the middle of the stairs...bit hard to shift I imagine...:S3:

DON

Dvir Barkay
03-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Yes it would be a pain, I am not actually so sure it is centered, Art Wolfe has similar shots of the same building and his has the same lean as mine to the right. Wonder if is the actual building which I doubt, or just it is very difficult to get the right perspective.

Diane Miller
03-15-2015, 02:43 PM
But the door (or whatever the dark square is) is centered! That structure is just not symmetrical.

Don said it for me -- a stronger perspective. Maybe the sky is a touch on the thin side, but very nice!!

Don Railton
03-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Yes it would be a pain, I am not actually so sure it is centered, Art Wolfe has similar shots of the same building and his has the same lean as mine to the right. Wonder if is the actual building which I doubt, or just it is very difficult to get the right perspective.

Hi Dvir. The building is not centered so you could do no better, i was blaming the architect, not you. My suggestion to move it was a 'grand dad joke' which my grand kids will tell you are rarely funny...but I keep trying anyway...

Dvir Barkay
03-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks Diane and Don for the comments. I think jokes do not transfer well on the internet so I am sure you have a fine sense of humor. I have now looked at a lot of pics and I think that the top structure is a rectangle, and this is the side of it, and since it sits on a square platform, the sides are not perfectly symmetrical on the two sides that are the shorter ends of the rectangle. The door is indeed perfectly centered so that was taken into consideration when it as built.

Morkel Erasmus
03-21-2015, 01:31 AM
I like this vertical view with the slice of nice sky, Dvir!
I don't mind the doorway not being smack dang centre, gives it some realism.

Don Lacy
03-23-2015, 10:25 PM
My favorite of the three posted due to the nice perspective of the stairs.

Dvir Barkay
03-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Thank you all for the replies!