PDA

View Full Version : Theme Wood Stork Chick

Marina Scarr
03-13-2015, 09:26 PM
This is an oldie (as you can tell by my equipment) but goodie of a Wood Stork chick photographed from a boat at a nesting rookery. Processing old images reminds me that photography is so much more than just about the most up-to-date equipment. It's just as much about scouting, getting yourself out there, knowing your equipment however old it is, and practicing over and over to hone your techniques.

C & C always welcomed and much appreciated.

Canon 40D, Canon 300L F4 IS & 1.4 @ 420
F5.6, 1/800sec, ISO 500, manual mode
Hand held

Jack Breakfast
03-13-2015, 10:05 PM
The light is soft and pleasant and I like those greens. I'm never in Fla. at the right times to see the babies. What a loveable monster!

David Stephens
03-13-2015, 10:11 PM
I love the curious expression and pose. The light is just right, except I'd love a little more light on the eye.

John Rowell
03-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Nice one of this wood stork chick. I like the HA and overall pose that pops out of the background. Nice soft light let you get lots of detail.

Grace Scalzo
03-14-2015, 09:40 AM
Agree with you regarding equipment. This is such a sweet shot of this youngster. It is simply designed, yet full of interest with the details and nice eye. I see something odd going on at the base of his bill (top side), looks a bit blurred, maybe the result of a mask, or a selection? And I would dodge the light in the eye just to liven it up a bit.

David Salem
03-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Great look at this cute, gangly baby stork. I like the pose with the nice head angle and the background sets him off nicely. It's baby down feathers look like sheepskin.
I too noticed the blurred tip of the bill. Not sure if that was in camera. Nice frame as always Marina.

Diane Miller
03-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Cute! Lovely light and sharp image, set against a very pleasing BG. Before I read David's comment I was wondering if the father was a sheep....

Karl Egressy
03-14-2015, 07:16 PM
I haven't seen a picture of a baby bird of this species before. Looks very nice.