PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit

Jonathan Ashton
03-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Taken in the back garden using a bag hide. Tripod Canon 1DX Canon 100-400L Mk11 &1.4TC 111, Auto ISO 640 +0.67 1/1250 sec f9, still a bit iffy about the sharpening, I applied less than usual, the wing bar isn't oversharpened, I think it is difficult for the monitor to actually resolve the detail. The TIFF at full size does show clear detail.
All C&C welcome - especially over sharpening or conversion.

Raybel Robles
03-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Beautiful image. Love the pose with the look back from the bird. The sharpening looks good on my work monitor. I do sometimes get that fuzzy looking details when an image is downside on very detailed feathers. The full size image would not be over sharpen by no means but like you said the monitor seems to have trouble resolving the pixels.

As for my suggestion to the image I would had only cropped just a bit tighter. You seem to have enough detail to crop further if you wish.

John Rowell
03-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Jon, this looks fine to me on sharpening, although my last couple of posts have also been oversharpened. Pretty easy to get carried away. Still, I think you've done well here. Great colors and detail. I love the moss on the branch, just wish it was a little more proportional to the bird. I agree that the crop could be a bit tighter.

William Dickson
03-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Beautiful image Jon. I like the sharpness on the bird and perch better than the sharpness you appplied on your last image. Great colours and beautiful details. I agree with John about a tighter crop which would make the perch larger, but, I think the lovely growth on the perch would more than compensate:S3:

Good work Thanks for sharing

Robert Kimbrell
03-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Quite a perch you found here, with lots if interesting details. It works well with the image. I like the pose and a very nice head angle, the background looks good as well. I see why you question the sharpness, To me the yellow looks good, but the Green on the back seems lacking detail.

P-A. Fortin
03-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Beautiful perch. I love those greens. Nice pose and head angle and good detail. Sharpening looks fine to me. Agree with others and the tighter crop. Whites on the cheeks look just a bit hot to me (although not burned). I might have tried just a very light burn to tone it down by 4-5 points.

Jim Crosswell
03-12-2015, 06:23 PM
I like the pose, mossy perch, BG and details. I wish that piece of moss wasn't hanging down. I would have used some chewing gum between sessions to get it to stay back into position, its such a beautiful perch. Very well done Jonathan.

Gerald Kelberg
03-13-2015, 03:08 AM
Sharpening looks good to me. But I am going to be the contrarian and not crop it any tighter - it is a tiny little bird and it looks quite happy in the space provided. Nice pose, great perch - shame you had no chewing gum!
Looks like I will have to upgrade my old 100-400!

Gerald

Marina Scarr
03-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Quite a lovely capture. Love the perch and the BG. The bird is a cutie pie with an great pose.

Binu John
03-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Excellent shot! I like the exposure, beautiful moos covered perch, details and BG. Sharpening looks good to me. TFS