View Full Version : Great Tit

William Dickson
03-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/4 500mm with 1x4iii
f/6.3
1/2000
ISO 1250

This is the last image of my woodland birds series, hope you enjoyed the Bluetit, Tree Sparrow, Greenfinch and this Great Tit. Thanks for all the comments on all of the birds in the series, they are very much appreciated and I learn a lot from them :S3:

Thanks for looking

Will

Kirk Benson
03-10-2015, 02:48 PM
It's been a wonderful series Will, I've enjoyed them all and as I said before... no one presents these little birds any better than you do. :cheers:
I've looked at this image for a few minutes and honestly wouldn't change a thing about the pose of the GT or your composition.
There seems to be an artifact (from cloning/healing?) behind the bird's head, and some very slight noise on the breast... but those are very small nits, I like this image a lot. :S3:
Very well done Will.

Ian Wilson
03-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Hi William. I am wondering how this would look cropped tighter as a head and shoulders portrait as the thick branch is obscuring much of the tail. Looks like it would need a little noise reduction if you were to crop tighter. I notice you are using the 5DIII a lot, is this because you feel you are getting better results than with the 7DII? Regards, Ian

William Dickson
03-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Hi William. I am wondering how this would look cropped tighter as a head and shoulders portrait as the thick branch is obscuring much of the tail. Looks like it would need a little noise reduction if you were to crop tighter. I notice you are using the 5DIII a lot, is this because you feel you are getting better results than with the 7DII? Regards, Ian

Hi Ian Thanks for that. After posting images on here with the 7D2 and getting advice that the focus wasn't operating correctly, along with others returning their 7D Mk2 I decided to send mine back for repair. I don't know what the outcome will be yet. I am happy with the 7D Mk2, and I thought the images were ok. At least it will put my mind at rest when I find out if there is or there isn't a problem with it :S3:

William Dickson
03-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks for that Kirk. I am glad you enjoyed as much as I enjoyed photographing them :S3:

keith mitchell
03-10-2015, 04:19 PM
William great close up, nicely exposed and good feather detail.

Keith.

Alison McCoy
03-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Love the close up detail. Wonderful color, great image.

Jonathan Ashton
03-11-2015, 07:25 AM
William that is one fine shot of a great tit. The focus and detail is excellent. I think there is a little noise showing in the yellow areas (not much). Regards composition I would suggest the bird is just a tad large in the frame.... but as I said it is a fine shot indeed.

Diane Miller
03-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Lovely bird, gorgeous detail, great pose, wonderful light! I'd be tempted to try toning down the brighter part of the perch just a little.

Binu John
03-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Excellent shot, William! Excellent pose, details, perch and BG. Exposure and colors look great.