PDA

View Full Version : The Plunge..

Andre Pretorius
03-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Some extreme processing here, went a bit out of the box. Do not have more space on right, decided not to crop left for comp; emphasising the dust.

Techs:
D3S with 300f2.8
1/ 1600 @ f5.6
ISO 320

C&C welcome.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Welcome to OOTB Andre! I find my eye going to the action in the center of the frame, great moment captured! It looks like you applied a gradient top and bottom. I wonder if you applied a little less on the top it would still emphasize the scene and the dust. Hope to see more of your posts!

Hazel Grant
03-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Trying to emphasize the dust (and action) I would crop from the left a bit.

Diane Miller
03-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Wonderful action -- these things look dangerous. It would be worth adding some canvas on the right and trying to fill it in. Sometimes the results, with a little touchup cloning, are amazing.

Welcome to OOTB!!

Dennis Bishop
03-16-2015, 09:43 PM
I like this a lot -- the color, the action, and the fact that the background enhances the foreground rather than competing with it. The composition is terrific. I wouldn't crop from the left because the wildebeest (at least I think that's what it is) on the left is placed very well in terms of divine proportions. It is a bit tight on the right. However, if you're editing with Photoshop CS6 or later, that's easy enough to fix with the Content Aware Move tool.

Andre Pretorius
04-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Thank you all for commenting and the suggestions:bg3:
Sorry I reply so late, but was waiting to do RP with suggestions.
Never used the Content Aware Move tool previously, but I had to make time and learn!

Thank you Dennis for making my Toolbox bigger:S3:, tried and herewith RP with suggestion, WDYT? (very difficult cloning there, any suggestions?)
Jackie, I lifted the shadows a bit on top with a masked curves layer, better?
Worked of the TIFF saved version.

Diane Miller
04-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Excellent! Don't you love what we can do these days?!

Dennis Bishop
04-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Looks good to me. You're using your new tool with great skill.