PDA

View Full Version : Coba

Dvir Barkay
03-10-2015, 01:45 AM

First shot I took from Mexico. This is one of the smaller ball courts in the Coba ruins in the early morning just after sunrise. A whole lot more to come, just wanted to post the first shot I took. I personally like the rather soft contrast look of the rocks, and I already ran a tad of detail extractor from Nik for those that like that tool, so the light was very soft and so the contrast on the ruins was soft as well and there is no more "real" detail that can be pulled up from the rocks without making it already look unrealistic. I got a little more creative down the road, so this goes as more of a travel shot really.

Sony A700, Tokina 11-16, F/9, 2015, Coba in Mexico

Jackie Schuknecht
03-10-2015, 03:27 PM
I guess unless you took multiple exposures it would be hard to get some detail. Can you tell me more about the ball court. was this hand ball, or something more deadly?

Dvir Barkay
03-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Yeah the shadows are somewhat dark and they were actually rather dark as no direct light hit that part in the early morning light. So the ball courts the general game was played like soccer with a rubber ball and the point was to keep it from falling on the ground, the holes in the side were extra points if you could manage to get the ball to pass through the hole.

Don Railton
03-11-2015, 04:13 AM
I Think the lighting is against you too much here Dvir...

Don

Diane Miller
03-11-2015, 10:54 AM
I like the framing and setting. Since it's a rather mysterious place, in rather mysterious light, I'd go for it and see what happens.

Dvir Barkay
03-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, I agree with you Diane that the light is rather mysterious and that is what works for me here.

Don Lacy
03-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Hi Dvir, Very cool place and I think you got a nice balance between the court and the sky my only suggestion would be to run another round of sharpening on the court.