This is another one from my Mara Trip.
1/500
f/5.6
ISO 1000
5D3
500 II

Rachel Hollander
03-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Always nice to see a lion cub and this one is certainly alert. Those flies must be a real nuisance. Is this a large crop? It doesn't seem to have the IQ of your recent posts. If it were mine I would reduce the reds and also apply another round of sharpening to the lion's face. I would also prefer a bit more room below. Sorry.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
03-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi Sanjeev, I like the overall composition, but if you have it, then a sliver more below might help, it's a little tight, especially for the 'visible' legs IMHO. I think the detail & sharpness is there, but on the laptop the colour does look a little out. Backing off in some of the darker areas i.e. blacks, shadows etc does help I think and just up the Temp and a little more Saturation.

This could be way off, but hopefully might be a starting point????? I think you have it all there, therefore if you have time then I feel it would be worth a revisit.

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Thanks Rachel & Steve. Rachel, this is not a large crop only a 20% or so for comp. I see good detail in the lion itself, but agree the colours may be a bit off. I did reduce magentas during PP. Will also reduce reds as suggested. Steve, thanks for the RP. It sure gives an idea on how to proceed. Much appreciated.

Gabriela Plesea
03-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Been wondering what is the little lion staring at? He seems about to take off in that direction, somewhat intrigued, a little serious, or perhaps he is seriously playful?

For me it is the expression on the lion's face that makes this image, and I like Steve's touch with a tad of warmth and more definition on the subject. I probably would have gone for a closer crop but maybe that's my downfall, I get too close...I actually like your comp here - yes it would be great if you had more space at the bottom, but the overall scene is great with the inclusion of vegetation. I would revisit this image if it were mine, would start from the beginning and lift the shadows carefully then up the saturation a bit, just like Steve suggested. I would be careful with contrast (I do not use it really) and would apply levels/ curves etc. selectively. I feel you can get much more detail on the nose and eyes, Steve has only had a Jpg to work with but he has shown you the way. You have nice DOF, a fine BG and the subject is sharp - this is such a lovely capture, Sanjeev!

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
03-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Hi Sanjeev quite neat shot of the youngster , besides the tightness on the bottom i really like the comp with the space to the left and the foliage on LHS and the BG . Agree with Rachel and Steve re color and blacks . I am fine with the detail and IQ , does not look too bad for my taste .

TFS Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
03-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Hi Snajeev, you got great suggestions already above. I as well would have backed up a bit more the red. Steve's RP does it for me.
Poor thing so bothered by so many flies, bummer :S3:

Have a nice day

Ciao Anette