PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you need to just sit, and let the view sink in!

Dvir Barkay
03-09-2015, 01:26 AM

long title I know :). Another reedit for 2012. Would have loved in hindsight not to clip the bottom of the arch, and maybe have a bit more space around it, but in hindsight I would change a lot of things about many of my images. It is a jpeg from a camera released in 2006 (which has served me well btw), so there is no more highlight detail and texture that I can recover. Hope you guys like it. If I over sharpened do tell btw, as jpegs sharpen differently than RAW files.

Sony A100, Sony 16-50/2.8, F/8, ISO100, 2012, Arches NP in Utah in USA

Morkel Erasmus
03-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Lovely light and a great classic scene, can imagine myself sitting there with a cold beverage in hand, completely forgetting about the camera next to me :cheers:
I do see some halos around the arch...?

Dvir Barkay
03-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Morkel, yeah that is one of those scenes that you need to just suck up the atmosphere.
There might be a halo, not sure if it is the sharpening or an actual halo as I did very little shadow recovery so not supposed to be too much haloing, maybe a pass of cloning with a darken setting around the arch will lower that look of haloing.

Morkel Erasmus
03-10-2015, 01:38 AM
Meant to say it seems like sharpening halo 😊

Dvir Barkay
03-10-2015, 01:48 AM
Meant to say it seems like sharpening halo 

Yes that is what I was assuming. :S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
03-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Lovely colours and light Dvir, I hope to get there one day:)

Dvir Barkay
03-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Lovely colours and light Dvir, I hope to get there one day:)

Yes, it is very beautiful. I think that anyone that lives in North America has to at least try to see the American Southwest, because it is such a phenomenal place.

Don Railton
03-11-2015, 04:36 AM
Hi Dvir, I have seen plenty of this arch in many varied crops and angles , but I do appreciate seeing all of the surrounds as well. Good stuff, well done.

Don

Diane Miller
03-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Nice to see it from a different view. The highlights look good to me. A camera sharpens JPEGs on capture, often to much, so it may have come from there.

Dvir Barkay
03-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys, yeah could be the jpeg engine that has already created a bit of haloing right off the bat. Should get back there and take it in RAW :)

Don Lacy
03-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Hi Dvir, Lovely image with some beautiful light I would like to see just a bit more space on the right for the arch. When I was in Arches NP I wanted so bad to get a good image of Delicate Arch and waited and waited for a good afternoon with some clouds in the sky before making the climb only to find I had picked the wrong time of year to get the light for the image i wanted and had to settle for off angle images.

Dave Mills
03-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi Dvir, Made this trip twice which is enough for me. Love the lighting,detail and the interesting sky. Would of given more room to the left of the arch and for my taste ejected the people.
However, worth the effort getting there....

subramanya_ck
04-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Fabulous lighting and a very thoughtful inclusion of human elements in the frame. Works well for me, lovely image