PDA

View Full Version : Praying at Church

Jackie Schuknecht
03-08-2015, 05:30 PM
I spent two weeks in Mexico, and liked the bricks on the church, and when I got home I discovered this man with his hand over his heart. A happy accident.
5D III, f4.5 1/80s IOS 100, 24-105 @28 I adjusted the vertical perspective. All critiques, comments, happily welcomed.

Don Railton
03-08-2015, 11:37 PM
Hi Jackie,

A nice little moment you capture here. The bird and the bike add lots to the scene too I feel. Might have included all the door frame..? The image could do with a bit of rotation too i think as it still seems a bit like the top is leaning to the right to me.. maybe 1/2 a degree or so. Seems trivial but I do see it. I dont have access to check it at the moment..

DON

Dvir Barkay
03-09-2015, 01:29 AM
Agree with Don, maybe including the whole arch way would have made it more complete, as well as a slight rotation. Otherwise, awesome shot with a very cool feel to it.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Thanks Don and Dvir with the critiques. Next time I will have to pay more attention to the elements in the scene. Maybe less fg and more on top. I agree about the rotation too. May try a tighter crop too, and see how that works as well.

Morkel Erasmus
03-11-2015, 02:54 AM
I agree with what's been said above, Jackie. It's a nice quaint scene and the person is a nice bonus to discover when viewing on the screen.
I think in an ideal world the pigeon wouldn't be there - the scene would be cleaner?

Diane Miller
03-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Now if that pigeon was parked on the bicycle.....

Nice scene and great discovery of the man. There is something that doesn't feel quite right about the perspective, although the verticals on the right are straight and those on the left are just slightly leaning in, which isn't that far off. Sometimes we can correct too much and it just doesn't look like what we expect. Worth playing with it again.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-11-2015, 02:32 PM
I will rework this on the w/e, I really like this one. Diane I used perspective to straighten is out, it will need some more tweaking. Thanks for the all the suggestions, I really appreciate them.

Diane Miller
03-11-2015, 02:36 PM
I like Edit > Transform > Distort for flexibility. Do a Lens Correction first, though, and do it before any cropping, as it can only assume it's looking at the full frame.

Don Lacy
03-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi Jackie, I really like the concept here and the man with his hand over his heart makes the image. A couple of things first I would clone out the pigeon, second have you tried the lens correction tool in ACR or PS to fix the perspective and last the images is a little flat just needs a bit of contrast with a levels or curve adjustment I would adjust both the white and black points just a tad more on each.