PDA

View Full Version : Duplicity

Dvir Barkay
03-08-2015, 12:57 AM

Two Snow Geese come to land and it just so happened that they coordinated exactly and symmetrically with each other so it looks like almost a time lapse. Wish the dark bush on the right wasn't there, and the light was nicer, but some aspects I cannot control.

1DIII, canon 300/2.8 L IS with x2TCII, F/7.1, ISO500, Bombay Hook WR, 2015

Randy Stout
03-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Divr:

I like the shooting angle on this one, with the flock on the ground, and you looking up towards the incoming geese.

Nice synchronized pose.

I actually find the dark tree top above the landing geese more distracting than the big one on the right, mainly because my eye is drawn immediately to the landing geese, and the contrast against the sky makes the tree behind them really pop.

You could probably soften the contrast a bit in that area to reduce its impact.

Cheers

Randy

Diane Miller
03-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Wonderful capture! Randy has a good point about the tree behind them, but for me it adds to the dynamic nature of the scene.

It would be interesting to crop out the geese on the ground and clone out the OOF one in the air, and just focus on the two in formation. It wouldn't be difficult to lighten the tree on the right. I do find it a bit heavy, in part because it's not an interesting shape.

arash_hazeghi
03-09-2015, 12:39 PM
I like the landing pose, and you had soft light to work with. I find both the OOF goose and the one behind the main subject distracting, the OOF one is easy to clone out, the other one not so much. It's a bit soft and lacking in details was this a huge crop?

TFS

Dvir Barkay
03-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Thank you all for the comments, I will see what I can do about the dark bushes and the other goose.

I like the landing pose, and you had soft light to work with. I find both the OOF goose and the one behind the main subject distracting, the OOF one is easy to clone out, the other one not so much. It's a bit soft and lacking in details was this a huge crop?

TFS

The other goose I agree, the one behind the main subject is the point of the image, that it looks like a time lapse almost. My screen is huge now, used to work on a laptop now on an AsusPA279Q, and when you downsize to 1000px, the image is really small, so it is hard to judge sharpness for the web so I might have under sharpened as the original is decently sharp.