PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit

Jonathan Ashton
03-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Tripod & bag hide Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 L IS Auto ISO 1600, 1/1000 sec f5.6. Cloudy white balance processed with DPP. I did wonder about a tad more sharpening but it is easily overdone WDYT?
I have re-sited my feeding station closer to the garden pond - hopefully I will get some shots of the birds bathing, meanwhile this one caught my eye.
All C&C welcome.

keith mitchell
03-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Jonathan when I first looked did think maybe a tad more sharping, interesting to see what others think, like the raised wing also the perch and b/g.

Did you get the latest PM I sent?

Cheers Keith.

Jonathan Ashton
03-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Keith last PM mentioned Hilbre Island - haven't had one since.

Kirk Benson
03-05-2015, 08:12 PM
These are such beautiful little birds, and I like the unique wing position you captured here Jonathan.
I've been under-sharpening based on feedback here... so I would say the detail looks pretty good, but a tad more sharpening on the eye/face area could be even better.
WB looks good to me, maybe brighten the overall image slightly... and de-center the BT by moving your subject a little to the right.
Lovely image, well done and a pleasure to see. :S3:

Daniel Cadieux
03-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Sharpness looks good to me as posted. I'd just taker a bit off the right, and lighten the image (while protecting the brights near the "armpit") as it seems a bit dark to me. Neat pose, and the moss-covered perch is beautiful.